WWJ-TV adopts new CBS O&O graphics

detroiter313

I'm not sure how to say this, but as of last night (or this week), WWJ-TV, Detroit's CBS O&O station has adopted new CBS O&O graphics that has been shown on its sister stations WCBS, KCBS, WBBM, KCNC, KTVT, and WFOR. These were introduced during First Forecast; a 2 1/2 minute weather report that airs at 11:00pm and First Forecast Mornings, a 2 hour program that focuses mainly on weather and traffic reports with news headlines from its new partner, the Detroit Free Press. I usually thought they wouldn't adopt this package due to the fact they have no news department, but now since that happened, I want to know what you think.

Or maybe the new guy who now runs the CBS Television Stations (News Director of WCBS TV) might resurrect news at WWJ/WKBD (well one can dream )

The guy that runs CBS Television Stations is the President & General Manager of WCBS-TV, not the News Director.

Or maybe the new guy who now runs the CBS Television Stations (News Director of WCBS TV) might resurrect news at WWJ/WKBD (well one can dream )

He may've been referring to David Friend, who was recently promoted to SVP of News for the station group. He is also the VP and News Director at WCBS.

Archived