Liz Cho on WABC/Ch. 7's Eyewitness News at 5:00pm

Micstromme

I know that this is not something worth mentioning because some on this site claim that it is not unusual, but to me, it is very much a big deal. For the time since Liz Cho joined WABC-TV, she filled in for the senior anchor that she replaced at the helm, Diana Williams. Last week, on Thursday and Friday, Liz sat at the 5pm newspanel alongside Sade Baderinwa, and from what I saw, she did a good job. It is not something that I am used to seeing with my own two eyes, especially since Liz has only ever sat in for Sandra Bookman, if my menory serves me correctly. Besides that, the two of them, Cho and Baderinwa, appeared to have excellent co-anchor chemistry and that makes me hopeful that if one day, if Bill Ritter and/or Diana Willims lkeave the station, these two women could very well hold it down on their own and it would be nothing to it.

What do you guys think about that?

BTW, they also did an excellent job on the coverage of Hurrican Earl those two days. Thats just my opinion.

When was the last time Lori and Sade anchored together are they good together?? I know Lori and Diana get along and make a good team..

Sade is just OK. She hasn't really caught on with me yet and I think Ch. 7 could easily do fine without her.

I always thought Lori should have been paired together with Diana at 5pm. They really make a GREAT team together. They could have just bumped Michelle Charlesworth to weekday AM and she would be great on the morning show and that would have allowed Lori to do the 5pm (and continue the noon news if needed).

If they really didn't want to remove Lori from the morning news, then move Sandra Bookman to the 5pm and Michelle to weekday PMs and maybe give Lisa Colagrossi the weekend AM shift.

Will she be anchoring today? I'll be sure to watch :). I'm actually really suprised to hear this because Liz just never seems to act like an "ironwoman" when it comes to anchoring, lol. So this is pretty interesting. I doubt we'd ever see her anchor the noon or the morning broadcasts, lol. Though I do recall she anchored with Bill on a Saturday Morning during the Blizzard of 2003, haha.

Sade is just OK. She hasn't really caught on with me yet and I think Ch. 7 could easily do fine without her.

I always thought Lori should have been paired together with Diana at 5pm. They really make a GREAT team together. They could have just bumped Michelle Charlesworth to weekday AM and she would be great on the morning show and that would have allowed Lori to do the 5pm (and continue the noon news if needed).

If they really didn't want to remove Lori from the morning news, then move Sandra Bookman to the 5pm and Michelle to weekday PMs and maybe give Lisa Colagrossi the weekend AM shift.

All well and good, but if and when the time comes for Charlesworth to leave the weekend morning spot, that spot should go to Toni Yates. She fills in quite frequently and she and Lipof have great chemistry. She's also a very warm presence to have on an early morning. Smart and funny, too.

All well and good, but if and when the time comes for Charlesworth to leave the weekend morning spot, that spot should go to Toni Yates. She fills in quite frequently and she and Lipof have great chemistry. She's also a very warm presence to have on an early morning. Smart and funny, too.

I forgot about Toni Yates... you're right -- she's great, too.

Seems like Liz wasn't on tonight, I guess its because she's celebrating Rosh Hashanah with her husband, would've been cool to see her anchor the 5PM broadcast though, considering I've never seen it done, lol.

It's weird to think of WABC without Diana. When I think of WABC, I think Diana Williams. Will be a sad day when she eventually leaves/retires.

Diana is by far the best -- and classiest -- of all the anchors at Ch. 7. If you ever have the opportunity to meet her, you'll know what I'm talking about. Just a very nice, friendly, down to earth person.

Yeah, she's been there for the longest pretty much at this point. She is the veteran anchor at WABC along with Scott Clark. Scott Clark will be retiring in 2011 though so that leaves us with Diana Williams as the sole veteran anchor.

Yeah, she's been there for the longest pretty much at this point. She is the veteran anchor at WABC along with Scott Clark. Scott Clark will be retiring in 2011 though so that leaves us with Diana Williams as the sole veteran anchor.

2011 also marks Diana's 20th year with Channel 7. Quite an accomplishment.

Seems like Liz wasn't on tonight, I guess its because she's celebrating Rosh Hashanah with her husband, would've been cool to see her anchor the 5PM broadcast though, considering I've never seen it done, lol.

Liz Cho is Jewish. Her mom is Jewish and her father is an Korean American. She always takes the Jewish holidays off.

As far as Diana Williams is concerned, I was very shocked that she was allowed to co-anchor with Roz Abrams as they are both women and it is usually a man and woman team. However, that was a successful pairing and now she is doing well with the 5pm and with Sade Baderinwa. I would love to see her return to the 6 and 11pm slots one day when Liz decides to cut back on her hours to spend time with her family. Sade is not ready for the main slot, but Diana would do great. I think she has what it takes to be the lead anchor this time.

What do you guys think?

Also, I would like to see Liz Cho fill in for the 5pm team more often. We have seen her chem with Sade. Now lets see if she can mesh with Diana Williams the same exact way, since she replaced her after all.

By the looks of these new promotions, doesn't seem like Liz and Bill are going anywhere and I don't see any shifting of anchors occuring in the forseeable future so it might be like this for another couple of years. And quite frankly there really isn't any need to do so considering the ratings have been top notch for WABC over the years with the exception of the 11PM broadcast considering WCBS has an outstanding lead in with CSI and a few other 10PM shows that far excel those shown on ABC.

By the looks of these new promotions, doesn't seem like Liz and Bill are going anywhere and I don't see any shifting of anchors occuring in the forseeable future so it might be like this for another couple of years. And quite frankly there really isn't any need to do so considering the ratings have been top notch for WABC over the years with the exception of the 11PM broadcast considering WCBS has an outstanding lead in with CSI and a few other 10PM shows that far excel those shown on ABC.

I don't really see things changing, but I am saying that that if they had to change, then I would like to see Diana and Bill back together again. Liz and Sade have already shown [me] that they have the on-air chemistry and they would do great at 5pm if necessary changes had to be made.

Archived