Standardized CBS Website Design Rolled out at WBBM

cbs2worksforyou

The standardized CBS web design has now been rolled out in Chicago. The websites for WBBM-TV Channel 2, WBBM-AM Newsradio 780, and WSCR-AM 670 The Score have been combined into one, similar to New York and Los Angeles. The new site is at http://chicago.cbslocal.com/.

The main difference between WBBM and the other cities is the WBBM webteam still have their jobs..

They updated most of the "cbs2chicago.com"s on the newscasts to "cbschicago.com"; however, I didn't hear any actual mention of the new website or the website domain change on the 10PM newscasts other than just saying the new website "cbschicago.com" domain like any other day saying the old "cbs2chicago.com". I don't think it would matter so much though because cbs2chicago.com still takes you to their new site and most likely always will.

Do you know if they updated the two metal or metal-looking signs above the old monitor wall? There used to be a giant CBS 2 logo and cbs2chicago.com next to it on both sides from what I remember.

It's still the same last I saw a couple weeks ago. The same fake conference room backdrop is still there too with the lighting changed so it looks a little weird. It's like they took some of the lights behind the duratran and just put them in front of the duratran.

I swear they put all those ugly panels up in front of the windows on the Daley Plaza side to drive me crazy. Not to mention keeping that stupid meeting room backdrop and not using that part of the set or a standard sized news desk. It looks so stupid to have in-studio guests having to stand while the anchors are seated and asking them questions. And they use weird camera angles because they don't want to show the areas of the set they aren't using. Ergh!!! lol

Do you know if they updated the two metal or metal-looking signs above the old monitor wall? There used to be a giant CBS 2 logo and cbs2chicago.com next to it on both sides from what I remember.

Prior to that set's debut, that area used to say "CBS 2 NEWS". If anything they'll set it back to that since I think the only reason they changed it to begin with is they made a relatively last-minute decision to be "The News on CBS2"

I hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, I HATE IT!

They used to have the best, most easy to navigate site of all Chicago TV stations. And i remember hearing it had the most traffic out of em all. Was that the case? Well now that the suck-level is on par with everyone else, i'm sure that'll change. Who comes up with this crap?

I hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, I HATE IT!

They used to have the best, most easy to navigate site of all Chicago TV stations. And i remember hearing it had the most traffic out of em all. Was that the case? Well now that the suck-level is on par with everyone else, i'm sure that'll change.

Trust me.. They did everything in their power to fight the new site. What corporate wants is what corporate gets. It's not the station's choice.

Archived