The Two-Female Anchor Team (even diverse) - Gotta Love it

newsteam13

The only one I can think of right now is ABC 12 WISN in Milwaukee, WI.

The two-female anchor team of Kathy Mykleby and Toya Washington; they anchor 12 News at 5pm and 10pm.

Also, the team is diverse, meaning there is a black co-anchor (Washington) paired with a white one (Mykleby); a great counterpart to Max Robinson and Gordon Peterson of WUSA (then WTOP and WDVM) in the 1970s.

It's about time females started taking control. Look at Diane Sawyer (ABC World News Tonight) and Katie Couric (CBS Evening News)

I think it all depends on the chemistry of anchors. I like female-female co-anchors, especially if one of them can actually talk sports (don't know why).

The male-female dynamic seems safe...no problems with that.

But I've seen some male-male co-anchors (typically one of them is filling in) who have better chemistry than the standard male-female duo all while making you feel like there's not too much testosterone on the set, so to speak. But male-male anchor teams are virtually non-existent nowadays as opposed to a few decades ago. WKRN and WDSU 10 p.m. and WBBM 6 p.m. are the only ones that come to mind at the moment.

Here in Des Moines:

WOI: Amanda Krenz and Rachel Pierce anchor the 5, 6 and 11pm ABC 5 News.

WHO: Sonya Heitshusen and Erin Kiernan anchor the Channel 13 News at 5.

The two-female anchor team of Kathy Mykleby and Toya Washington; they anchor 12 News at 5pm and 10pm.

Also, the team is diverse, meaning there is a black co-anchor (Washington) paired with a white one (Mykleby); a great counterpart to Max Robinson and Gordon Peterson of WUSA (then WTOP and WDVM) in the 1970s.

It's about time females started taking control. Look at Diane Sawyer (ABC World News Tonight) and Katie Couric (CBS Evening News)

Is that you, Aeverine?

Isn't this considered a list?

Yes, it is! Therefore, it's closed. If you're reading this thread hoping to actually discuss diversity in news teams, feel free to start a new thread that discourages listing.

:rofl!:

Archived