Chris Wragge: Fashion Superstar!!!

SuitSnob

I am mean to a lot of the men on local news, but when one of the worst-dressed men becomes arguably the best-dressed man on local news in the course of a month attention must be paid and credit must be given where it is due. I was vocal about doubting this man's potential as an anchor (and I still think what CBS2 did to Reid Lamberty was and continues to be riddiculous) but he has eased into the anchor chair and has demonstrated professionalism and an aptitude for the job. And OK, his businesswear is lookin' SPECTACULAR!!! Men on local news who still look like crap, this is what you want to aspire to:

wragge02.jpg

wragge03.jpg

wragge04.jpg

wragge05.jpg

wragge06.jpg

wragge07.jpg

wragge08.jpg

Gone are the sport shirts worn incorrectly with a tie. The horrid, loud checkered sportcoats nowhere to be found. He is still looking sloppy on Sports Wrap, but hey...even God takes a day off!

Guest localcelebrity2u

Kristine Johnson is one of the worst on television today. How she got a network job is beyond me. Chris Wragge is improving, though. He's no Chuck Scarborough, but he's not doing that bad.

Are you talking about her dressing style? Cause i personally think she looks rather stylish for a pregnant woman. And Chris looks really nice in his suits! Looks good! It's acceptable to look a little "looser" for a weekend sports show... I would wear a nice sweater or sweater-vest with a tie or maybe with out one... thats a nice outfit there...

• 3 weeks later...

Uh-OH! On a BIG news day and on a day when he guest-anchored the morning broadcast Wragge backslid and wore one of his old, tacky ghetto shirts with the curved collar. Not good! Remember, one's wardrobe is only as good as their worst outift!

And if you life revolves around responding to posts that you deem superfluous, you are far sadder than me.

As someone else posted, if we can talk about the sets, graphics and music we can talk about wardrobe.

• 3 months later...

Of course this is tertiary to the ongoing, on-air musical anchor chairs on CBS2....

THAT said:

I am sure I am the only one who might have noticed, but ever since they switched Chris' shift he has slipped back into some lousy sartorial choices. What the hell happened to all of the great ties and French cuff shirts and new suits he was sporting on the early shift? Did one of the geniuses tell him to go back to dressing drably?

Weird.

But Jim & Chuck have THE best wardrobe in NYC.

SuitSnob's Guide to the Primary Anchors:

Ernie Anastos>Jim Rosenfield>>>>>>Chuck Scarborough>>>Bill Ritter

I refuse to count Chris as a primary anchor with Jim still on the payroll. >:)

But Jim & Chuck have THE best wardrobe in NYC.

SuitSnob's Guide to the Primary Anchors:

Ernie Anastos>Jim Rosenfield>>>>>>Chuck Scarborough>>>Bill Ritter

I refuse to count Chris as a primary anchor with Jim still on the payroll. >:(

How I could've forgot about Ernie!

Archived