New WGN Weather graphics

Spring Rubber

They have new graphics for all full-screen features (like the 7-Day and the Hourly forecast on the Morning News). However, these graphics strangely use the same titlebars that were used on the old graphics.

I don't have any pictures handy, but be on the lookout for them on the air. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the new graphics; they look horribly generic with their bubbly "3D" look. Looks like something I'd expect to see on Accuweather (or possibly WFLD) rather than WGN.

While it may be cleaner overall (7-Day), they look very cheap. Plus, the mix of new and old graphics elements don't work too well together.

The new and old shouldn't be mixed for too long.. They were supposedly getting a new graphics package altogether (that's what I've been hearing since August). New weather graphics software was loaded a couple weeks ago so Tom Skilling has alot of new toys to play with. He seemed to have alot of fun with adding a dozen different "transition effects" to his forecasts.. The more I see the new weather graphics, I believe those may actually be from the new software similar to what the NBC O&O's got out west.

They have new graphics for all full-screen features (like the 7-Day and the Hourly forecast on the Morning News). However, these graphics strangely use the same titlebars that were used on the old graphics.

I don't have any pictures handy, but be on the lookout for them on the air. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the new graphics; they look horribly generic with their bubbly "3D" look. Looks like something I'd expect to see on Accuweather (or possibly WFLD) rather than WGN.

I think WGHP used to use a 7-day forecast that looked like that (they have since then changed it).

I wouldn't expect a Tribune graphics package. Not as long as they keep letting their stations do their own thing (WPIX). They did buy that Viz package for WSFL though...

Archived