WLS's broken Weekend 10pm talent rejoin

Spring Rubber

Wow, the rejoin that leads off with Ravi Baichwal is really screwed up. The video and animations are really slow and stuttering throughout the whole rejoin, and even the voiceover's audio (can't remember his name) is really hot. Not sure how long it's been messed up; has it been this way since they put Ryan Chiaverini in the open?

Not that long, but I first noticed it about a month ago. It's kind of strange, because you'd think they'd either fix it or just use the Karen Jordan-led version, even if she isn't on that night's broadcast (like tonight).

A little off-topic, but kudos to Karen Jordan tonight! Ben Bradley anchored the morning show solo this morning and was joined by Jordan at 11am. Karen then sat in at 4pm alongside a clearly sick Kathy Brock. I'm guessing that they would have continued at 5 together and Kathy would have gone solo at 6 and 10, her usual post. However, Kathy's symptoms must have been too much for her to handle, and Karen anchored a very rare solo broadcast at 5. She then returned at 6 and is about to wrap up the 10pm show now. I give her alot of credit because I'm sure she sacrificed her evening to fill in for Kathy, and I can't remember the last time an anchor worked so many broadcasts over so much time, especially considering that today was a full slate of broadcasts, not like a weekend or a day of sports...

But anyway, I'm rambling; good for her and she did a good job stepping up to pinch-hit.

And now...back on topic...

I give her alot of credit because I'm sure she sacrificed her evening to fill in for Kathy, and I can't remember the last time an anchor worked so many broadcasts over so much time, especially considering that today was a full slate of broadcasts, not like a weekend or a day of sports...

But anyway, I'm rambling; good for her and she did a good job stepping up to pinch-hit.

Sorry to really diverge topics, but halfway across the country, but WVIT"s lead M-F 6/11pm anchor came in Sunday do to blizzard duty. He solo-anchored afternoon cutins, the 6pm, an 8:30pm storm special, the 11, then stayed overnight and anchored 4:00am-7:00am with a fill-in co-anchor. The anchors who are worth their money are the ones who actually step in to help in a pinch instead of saying "that's not my job" and leaving everyone in a lurch.

I now return you to your regularly-scheduled incorrect talent open.

Archived