GMA New Set

qwertnyc

GMA launched a new Times Square set on Monday morning. New anchor desk, a reconfiguration of interview areas and weather area. Looks really sharp. Robin, George and Juju never walked to the lower level (Sam was in Chicago) so there was no sign of an audience. Even the opens and the cuts to commercials were void of an audience. Perhaps they're working on the first floor set, and the audience will be back? But in my opinion it's a step in the right direction. I'm completely sick of watching people waving signs, etc. I'm not sure how a silly audience even adds to the viewer experience at home or ratings in general.

I've heard that they abandoned the lower level in a cost-cutting move. New set looks amazing though.

That's right. Disney owns the building and will lease it to another occupant later. More cost-cutting, I guess.

If anyone has any pics, I haven't had a real chance to see it. But hey, with a snow day tomorrow, I'll have a chance! :puke:

Like the skyline shot behind the one on one interview area -- reminds me of the 80s Today Show set and makes the talent pop nicely when they're leaning up against the main anchor desk. It's a good signature shot.

The living room area is kind of distracting with the luminous walls all around them. What happened to having warm sets in the morning? But overall better than what they had before.

Archived