ABC7 Morning Show/Oprah Replacement

24994J

According to Robert Feder's blog, WLS-TV is expected to anounce, as soon as today that weekend sports guy Ryan Chiaverini and WGN traffic reporter Valerie Warner will be the hosts of Channel 7's Oprah Show replacement. It is tenatively titled "Morning Rush", and will air weekdays at 9am. It is yet to be confirmed if the show will kick off soon after Oprah's farewell in May, or if it'll wait until the new fall season in September to launch.

If this is true, then there are going to be a few vacancies in Chicago news. WGN will need a new traffic reporter, and WLS will need a replacement for Chiaverini on weekends.

Frankly, I wish them luck...they're going to need it!

Hmm....Beat me to it. Here's the ABC7 article via Twitter:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=resources/inside_station/station_info&id=7964889

So far the station hasn't posted Chiaverini's position under their jobs section, but we'll see...perhaps he'll be doing both...?

It's completely possible.

It's too early to post his job. Heck..they still have the posting up for the job he and Val reportedly got as co-host of WLS's new morning show.

He won't do both jobs. It's not like he's irreplaceable and regardless on whether they launch the show over the summer or in the Fall, there's plenty of time to find a suitable successor. Jeff Blanzy maybe???

BTW, does anyone know what he's been up to since he left?

As far as I know, he's still on the hunt for TV sports anchor/reporter job.. He did have an interview/tryout at WFLD last year for the 9PM sports anchor position. I don't think he wants to leave this market.

Like most other on-air talent currently out of a TV job, he, in the meantime, might have a job somewhere that has nothing to do at all with TV news.

As for WLS, they may very well just take Blanzy back if he'd be willing to go back there.. He'd be a familiar face at the station and a safe choice since his on-air performance is already known there. If not Blanzy, Howard Sudberry, who also is still on the hunt for a permanent sports anchor/reporter position, would be a good choice too. He too also had an interview/tryout at WFLD for their 9PM sports anchor position last year..

It's funny that we have another Chicago sports anchor turning to morning show host/anchor..

Today is Valerie Warner's last day at WGN.

I'm guessing WLS is wanting to get started fast on working out the show and format with the new hosts so it looks like Ryan may be pulled off sports pretty fast too.

According to today's Feder, WLS insiders are saying that it's likely a female will be added to ABC 7's sports department.. Hmmmm.. I wonder who they would be hiring? Jill Carlson maybe? Someone from either CBS 2 or NBC 5? If from out of market, it's gotta be someone who knows Chicago sports pretty well.

Archived