KTLA Morning News Weekend debuts April 9

mbhcity

Variety is reporting KTLA is adding weekend morning news to its lineup with newscasts on Saturdays from 5am-7am, and Sundays from 6am-9am. Chris Burrous is leaving WPIX to anchor the show.

6 to 9am is alright, 7 to 10am is more legit. KUSI is 6 to 10am on weekends

but 5 to 7am?! is anyone even awake on saturdays besides for the marathon runners? or they just coming home from partying? lol. Sunday i know the early birds wake up early for church and what not. so thats fine.

A lot of changes at KTLA lately. First Chris Schauble (formerly KNBC) joining KTLA Weekday Morning News (5am-7am), Dayna Devon (formerly ExtraTV) co-anchoring with Micah this week, and now this?

And I agree with SanDiegoTV, Why are they doing a 5am newscast on Saturday???

A lot of changes at KTLA lately. First Chris Schauble (formerly KNBC) joining KTLA Weekday Morning News (5am-7am), Dayna Devon (formerly ExtraTV) co-anchoring with Micah this week, and now this?

And I agree with SanDiegoTV, Why are they doing a 5am newscast on Saturday???

SanDiegoTV & News4LA: Remember, The CW has children's programming (Toonzai, formerly The CW4Kids) on Saturday mornings. KTLA will be putting the newscast in the 5-7am timeslot.

Also KABC has been doing a 5am newscast for years with good ratings as well as a Saturday Noon show, so a little more competition there with KTLA in the mix. I remember KTTV trying a Good Day LA show on Sundays with Nischelle Turner, Gina Silva and Rob Weller (of Entertainment Tonight fame)...it didn't work.

Archived