Nexstar purchases WFRV/WJMN

effseesee

Maybe the new owners will invest in some new equipment. WFRV produced the "Return to Titletown" special that aired statewide after the superbowl and it aired in beautiful 1970's-quality SD. I've seen better things come off of quad tape.

Maybe the new owners will invest in some new equipment. WFRV produced the "Return to Titletown" special that aired statewide after the superbowl and it aired in beautiful 1970's-quality SD. I've seen better things come off of quad tape.

I guess you haven't found out what Nexstar is all about. Few groups come any cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Ironically, WFRV/WJMN will be reunited with its former CBS O&O sister stations of KUTV, KEYE-TV, WTVX, WTCN-CA, WLWC through this transaction. I honestly think CBS should have held on to these properties until a better owner stepped to the plate when they wanted to put these stations up for sale. Nexstar has such trash as far as I'm concerned...

• 2 months later...

Or come with weirder web site titles. "foxvalleyhomepage.com" or "wearegreenbay.com", here we come!

You need to change your name to Kreskin. As of today, their website is now "wearegreenbay.com".

I guess you haven't found out what Nexstar is all about. Few groups come any cheaper.

That may be true but WFRV did become the first station in Green Bay to go HD after Nexstar purchased them. Granted, they probably had already been in the process of going HD before the sale, but still...

Archived