Favorite custom packages

My God. The new WTVJ theme. :thatshot:

Don't any of you think the new WTVJ theme (2012) can be the next WTVJ custom news package from metro music in '92? I think so. the '12 theme to me seems to have the pulse beat comtemporarily unique for south florida as it did for the metro music theme of '92.

Anyway, my favorite custom package is KOMO News 4 theme ('87) from Dan Dean. The '93 update (heard on NMSA as a demo) is my favorite cut of all time. I would love to hear the cut again in full. A youtube user i know has the package he received from Dean and I want to track down the user again. The last time I heard that majestic cut in almost full was in '02 on the old geocities news themes website. That cut could well be used perfectly for a late night/overnight national newscast or nightline-esque show. If anyone has the cut or full package in hand, I would so appreciate.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's stretch this, actually. There are some custom music packages that aren't for news yet are still amazingly awesome.

For example. History Channel circa 2000.

[yt]N5S06fqTXcs[/yt]

If that's not the definition of amazing, I don't know what is.

On the same basis, I don't know about you but Stephen Arnold's Weather Channel package is the best thing he ever did:

[yt]Xbxdyg5IvV0[/yt]

That music... When, during Katrina, they started playing it and only it during locals, you KNEW this was a historic storm.

Archived