WNBC's News 4 You - How Was It?

Vlad

I thought it was VERY interesting as to how the networks covered the snowstorm balanced with the Sean Bell indictment. Even without the indictment, I thought it was intersting how they handled just the snow/ice storm.

Clearly, WNBC was the best at covering it with a full 4pm newscast and 5pm as well. Was it necessary? I don't know. But they were the place to be if you wanted it.

In my opinion, the snow/ice should have been the lead story on the newscasts. It affects people right then and there and in the here and now. WNBC did a very nice job of having a 2-minute update at the start of the 11pm news, the Sean Bell coverage, then back to the snow. WABC did not even start to mention snow until almost 11:10.

Unfortunately, this came at a very bad time for WCBS. They could not cover anything because of the NCAA.

We all know that if WCBS did cover the story, Sean Bell would've been first...

-Vlad

Archived