Sean Hennesey begins at WCBS

qwertywcbs

The first time I am seeing him is on the 11 o'clock doing the lead story (breaking news) (I don't watch during the day) of a worker being electrocuted at a school in Newark. Seems to be pretty good so far. He looks like he will be a strong reporter. I find it odd he used a clip on mic, something CBS 2 hasn't used with any of their reporters in ages.

As a side note, I loved the way the news started tonight with the camera angle and it zooming into Dana. Dana looks really really good solo at that desk with the black skyline.

Oddly enough, I thought last night's CBS2 News at 11 was the best I've seen in a while. Dana was very strong anchoring solo with just the "guys" at the desk (John & Ducis), and yes she looked awesome in front of the black skyline. I love that shot at night. There have been some intersting camera zoom in's lately...from the side, from below going up...interesting, indeed.

Oddly enough, I thought last night's CBS2 News at 11 was the best I've seen in a while. Dana was very strong anchoring solo with just the "guys" at the desk (John & Ducis), and yes she looked awesome in front of the black skyline. I love that shot at night. There have been some intersting camera zoom in's lately...from the side, from below going up...interesting, indeed.

Oh yes she was pretty good on last night newscast. Maybe WCBS might let Dana anchor 11PM solo.

Oh yes she was pretty good on last night newscast. Maybe WCBS might let Dana anchor 11PM solo.

I wish. I think soloing she could get a strong following. I wish she did have that kind of power like Jim Gardner has or something where they would let her do that permanently. I've only caught a few minutes of tonight's newscast, but from what I see she is going very strong again.

I do not know how well it would be received to be the first, solo woman anchor of a NYC 11-pm newscast. I don't know if that could be accepted. People are used to seeing a "husband & wife" kind of team. Chuck/Sue have been going for decades and now Bill/Liz on channel 7.

However, Dana was awesome again last night by herself.

She's good by herself because people in general seem to make her uncomfortable.

When there are people at the desk with her, her banter seems forced, she laughs nervously,

and it's usually inane.

In fact, the banter amongst all their anchors and teams has increased (as mentioned in another thread) and IMO, it's very annoying; very forced.

When I watch a story, I don't need it closed with

"very sad"....

"yeah, very sad"....

"yes it is"

How stupid and unecessary. Give me the news; I'll formulate my opinion.

She's good by herself because people in general seem to make her uncomfortable.

Having met Dana myself, I must say she is a VERY personable person. I think on air anything that seems forced is because of ratings.

Another night with an interesting way to open. Tonight just promo of top story with a different cut of the theme, no open, zoom up to Dana, and then right to Hazel with the breaking news of the plane crash.

I must say, although I hate so many things about WCBS and the tactics of new management, I do like a few of their new ways.

And back to Sean Hennesey, he is very strong. Reminds me very much of Lou Young. He looks like he's beginning to take over as the lead reporter. So far, he's pretty good.

You guys will soon learn that Hennessey is horrible while stories are breaking and even worse in the anchor chair. ::o

He's already had breaking news, well kind of, it was a few hours old, but given the breaking news tags none the less, and he handled it fine. I was actually kind of wondering when he'd be in the chair when I saw him the first few times because he just seems like the type they'd want to anchor something.

So far he is doing a good job. Very much of a Lou Young style of presentation. But I have noticed in a few liveshots his hair is all over the place in the wind. Maybe he should be a bit more like Lou and get a hat, perhaps of another CBS station.

Archived