WNYW promos attacking WNBC

NYNews

The NY daily news article about Lonnie Quinn debuting (I was right on the dot with my prediction of him debuting next week! :D ) included a mention of how WNYW is attacking WNBC. It's so funny how WNYW claims they have "New York's best 5 p.m. newscast." Said by who?!?, certainly not the viewers since they're in last place. I actually enjoy WNBC's new format. Live at 5 gets straight to the point making sure the most important news are given to you first. I've warmed up to News 4 You. Technically it's the same thing as the old Live at 5, but now things are more organized, so i don't understand WNYW's promo of how veiwers are being "slowed down". I choose WNBC, WABC and even WCBS before i watch WNYW.

I wouldn't be so upset if WNYW news coverage was good, but it's not. What nerve they have saying they have the best news team in NY or best newscast at 5. They all must be living in a fantasy land over there.

Its advertising. When was the last time you actually found something honest an believable in an ad, any ad? Besides who gives a rats ass what they say, watch what you want and the ratings will tell the real story.

IMO, WNBC is the way to go. Whoa, that rhymed. ;D If you want flashy graphics and fast paced news coverage, then you can turn to Fox 5 News at 5. Although I may not live in New York, I beleive that Live at 5 is still the best.

Its advertising. When was the last time you actually found something honest an believable in an ad, any ad? Besides who gives a rats ass what they say, watch what you want and the ratings will tell the real story.

The newscasts ratings are the one that talk. Because WCBS finished in a far second position in sign on-to-sign off from WABC. The only newscast that gained something was CBS 2 News at 5, CBS 2 News at 6 lost viewers and CBS 2 News at 11 lost too. Remaining in 3rd position.

Ratings tell the true story. The article mentioned Fox 5 is very much in 4th position. But lets compare based on quality - how many emmy's did WNBC get? and how many did WNYW get? besides, after a long day at work, who wants to watch tv that makes you dizzy with too much graphics and gimmicks!

Ratings tell the true story. The article mentioned Fox 5 is very much in 4th position. But lets compare based on quality - how many emmy's did WNBC get? and how many did WNYW get? besides, after a long day at work, who wants to watch tv that makes you dizzy with too much graphics and gimmicks!

or a lady who seems to be screaming at the viewers, with a guy with too much plastic surgery.

If FOX 5 wants better ratings, chances are they've got a long way to go. And they think attacking another station is gonna help. HA!

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Agreed to all. Note to Fox 5: Instead of bashing your opponent, here's an idea: "Build a better mouse trap..." Do a better job with your product than you are doing now, and more people will want to watch.

And the top management (Leone, Swanson) before jumping to CBS2, they were the top management at NBC4. But karma is a bitch, what goes around comes around Lew and Swanson.

The NY daily news article about Lonnie Quinn debuting (I was right on the dot with my prediction of him debuting next week! B) ) included a mention of how WNYW is attacking WNBC. It's so funny how WNYW claims they have "New York's best 5 p.m. newscast." Said by who?!?

According to the twenty or so viewers that tune in each day....if you want to count the producers and control room staff as viewers... ;)

Archived