Jeff Rosen and Michelle Charlesworth on WABC mornings

Schroeder05

Does anyone know if they are trying them out for possible permanent spots in the morning? I think they are great together. I think they blend well with Bill Evans and the rest of the crew. I think Lori Stokes is different since Steve has left.

I think Jeff Rosen would go great. I have the feeling that no one on the weekend newscasts will be taking Steve's spot because they just made new openings for them. So I think that there is a very strong possibility that they will hire someone new. Maybe they will try to bring Maurice over. I think he would go good with Lori or Bill.

By the way the new talent opens are great, but nothing to go to crazy over. The images of either the helicopter or newsvan are much more clear to see.

Does anyone know any information on who will be taking Steve's place. I have the feeling that when they do find a replacement they will add a sportscaster. Marvell will most likely get that spot. I think Sade's contract is up next fall. So Lori will probably get that spot. Lori and Diane work very good together. Bill Evans will definately stay on. This revamp of Eyewitness News this Morning may not start until next fall when they change everything else around. I think Sandra Bookman deserves a promotion I would love to see her on Eyewitness News This Morning. Michelle would be my second choice.

Does anyone know any information on who will be taking Steve's place. I have the feeling that when they do find a replacement they will add a sportscaster. Marvell will most likely get that spot. I think Sade's contract is up next fall. So Lori will probably get that spot. Lori and Diane work very good together. Bill Evans will definately stay on. This revamp of Eyewitness News this Morning may not start until next fall when they change everything else around. I think Sandra Bookman deserves a promotion I would love to see her on Eyewitness News This Morning. Michelle would be my second choice.

Sade had signed a long term contract a couple of weeks back with WABC and is not going anywhere soon. I believe it was a 3 year deal. And i highly doubt WABC would want to mess with the evening teams.

Someone from INSIDE will get the job sitting next to Lori in the morning and at noon. No outside hires.

It'll either be Phil Lipof or Joe Torres... With my money on the former. He was brought in as Bartelstein's replacement, so I see no reason why that would change now.

WABC NEVER hires from other NYC stations - NEVER. They'd rather develop their own talent, either from within or from outside the viewing area. You'll see people who leave WABC show up on other local newscasts (Roz Abrams most notably), but you'll never see WABC hire a face that's already been seen elsewhere on a NYC area newscast. And good for them! Always good to see a new face rather than the same old tired ones going from station to station (Ernie Anastos).

WABC NEVER hires from other NYC stations - NEVER. They'd rather develop their own talent, either from within or from outside the viewing area. You'll see people who leave WABC show up on other local newscasts (Roz Abrams most notably), but you'll never see WABC hire a face that's already been seen elsewhere on a NYC area newscast. And good for them! Always good to see a new face rather than the same old tired ones going from station to station (Ernie Anastos).

So why did they hire Lou Young from WNBC back in the 80s?

Just out of curiosity, what about Lisa Colagrossi and/or Lauren Glassberg?

Oh, as for those already named, Jeff OR Michelle (especially the latter) would do well alongside Lori Stokes on both early 'casts; also, they're both due to move up.

Diana Williams does very well with Lori, I'd agree there; she should do the noon AND the 5 with Lori and Sade, respectively.

So why did they hire Lou Young from WNBC back in the 80s?

FYI, Louis Young FIRST NYC TV job was on Channel 7 back in 1981 and worked there for nine years. He was hired at WNBC-TV from 1990-1994 and later WCBS-TV around 1995(?).

And if people were wondering, why did WABC hired my buddy Ken Rosato and Kemberly Richardson from Fox 5 News. I know Ken and he's NOT staff, he's freelance. Ken doesn't a have a contract at the station. Kemberly, who I don't know her, could be staff. If she is, then that's an exception.

That's all very true - especially about Lou. You took the words out of my mouth NewsGod ;-)

If I might add, there is a HUGE difference between reporters and anchors as well. There will be the rare occassion where a reporter will move from another station in the market to WABC, but will usually be freelance, like Ken. There are instances where that freelance becomes staff (Kemberly Richardson) - but it's an exception to the WABC rule. But, the reference was originally about anchors moving from another station to Channel 7. It hasn't happened in the past, and don't look for it in the future.

Liz Cho anchored in New York before coming to Channel 7. And so did Bill Ritter.

they were national anchor/reporters, just like Lori Stokes was when she was at MSNBC. it's different.

Not to mention..Bill and Liz were both already part of the ABC family before anchoring the local WABC newscasts...not like they were working for another network.

Liz Cho anchored in New York before coming to Channel 7. And so did Bill Ritter.

they were national anchor/reporters, just like Lori Stokes was when she was at MSNBC. it's different.

Not to mention..Bill and Liz were both already part of the ABC family before anchoring the local WABC newscasts...not like they were working for another network.

And they were not anchoring other local newscasts in New York, they were National News correspondents prior to joining WABC.

Archived