WNBC: "News 4 New York at 11"?

jbjimbo

Interesting to note (now I watch WABC more than WNBC so if I missed some change days ago, I apologize), Sue Simmons closed a special report on WNBC relating to the car accident in NJ w\ the governor by saying, "we'll have more on News 4 New York at 11." Here's the video to prove it:

http://video.wnbc.com/player/?id=90940

Are they going away from the NewsChannel 4 name to News 4 New York, like their 530 show?

No, it still is and probably will always be NewsChannel4. For some reason during breaking news stories, personalities always mis-speak and get flustered like it's the end of the world and you automatically forget what your station's news is called.

They really should bring that branding back though, I don't know they changed it to NewsChannel, they really should rebrand themselves as News 4 New York. I miss those old days, lol. ;) Hope the governor is ok though that is one serious accident there, wow.

Archived