CBS Early Show Changes

cbs2worksforyou

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say, it was a bittersweet moment in going back to the CBS Broadcast Center and also saying goodbye to Russ Mitchell. They should have let him do weekdays because he is an excellent journalist that is under worked. Good luck Russ.

Is there anyone here that works for the Early Show or anywhere in the facilities that knows specifics..? I'm not trying to get info on the new show or anything of that sort. I just want to find out what from the now old GM building studio set is being trashed, moved/reused/repurposed at the broadcast center, or being sold off. Alot of the set decor and interview chairs are nice and would hate to see it in dumpsters..

I've seen bits of the lower third format and the new graphics seem fairly forward-looking for CBS News. The colors are bright, the overall look is modern and clean. The font you see in the new promos is what will be on the lower thirds, though for some reason the network wants the locally-generated time/temp bug to be in Courier New.

Archived