CBS Early Show Moving Back to CBS Broadcast Center

cbs2worksforyou

Let me chime in here. CBS tried that fluffy stuff in the morning( cooking segments, entertainment reports. etc.) it got them nowhere. They were trying out something different and hard news is the approach they decided to go. When you're number 3, you try everything possible to get to the top spot.

Yeah, I understand. I guess if they had better anchors that reasures you everything is going to be alright, then it will work. But in this case, all the anchors no Walter Cronkite, and I'm not saying Walter was the best, but he did had a compassion/reassurance about him (Saw his work on old tapes "I'm 18"). CBS keep saying Katie was bad but when they tried to change the format, they got scared and came running back to the traditional format. So even though the Early Show is doing this, they are going to go back. They always do; just sit back and wait.

Also, times have change, you can't do the news how they did 20 years ago, that generation is dying out. Unless they got some brilliant trick up their sleves, this format is'nt going to last.

• 1 month later...

http://www.mediabist...rly-show_b88967

"TVNewser first reported last week that the third-rated morning broadcast is moving from the GM building along tony 5th Avenue, to a new street-level studio at the CBS News Broadcast Center on Manhattan’s West Side."

A new Street-level studio? Huh? How and where can that building support a street level studio. I don't see it.

You completely got it wrong, they are doing a newsroom set sort of like MSNBC Morning Joe. Not a street level set. They are moving out of the street level studio (probably to save money) for a new "hard news" concept.

It's not impossible, though why you'd want to put a streetside studio there is beyond me...

Well it looks like the impossible some how will be possible.

http://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php/topic/11502-cbs-early-show-changes/page__pid__73913?do=findComment&comment=73913

• 4 weeks later...

Archived