CBS Early Show Moving Back to CBS Broadcast Center

cbs2worksforyou

From today's TVNewser - The Early Show is ditching its street-level studio in the General Motors building to return to the CBS Broadcast Center. http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/the-early-show-leaving-gm-building-for-cbs-broadcast-center-new-studio-to-have-different-look_b85286

What other changes are in store?

I hope they fire some people (chris wragge) and go back to the 3 anchor team and add Betty Nyugen and another seasoned male anchor( someone over 40). I dont knw how many times i said this but i do hope they have a good set. Something unique and not like Today and GMA. Also bring in a weather anchor (lonnie quinn, Jeff Smith, or someone from LA). I am looking forward to the changes and do hope they do something good so I can return to my old favorite morning show. Read my signiture.

I hope they fire some people (chris wragge) and go back to the 3 anchor team and add Betty Nyugen and another seasoned male anchor( someone over 40). I dont knw how many times i said this but i do hope they have a good set. Something unique and not like Today and GMA. Also bring in a weather anchor (lonnie quinn, Jeff Smith, or someone from LA). I am looking forward to the changes and do hope they do something good so I can return to my old favorite morning show. Read my signiture.

Would be nice if they hired an actual meteorologist instead of weather talent.

Would be nice if they hired an actual meteorologist instead of weather talent.

Well Jeff Smith is an Meteorologist from WABC and some eye candy for the ladies. Betty Ngugen is the eye candy for the men. hahaha. They still going to get some weather anchor and young cheap talent.

I think Jeff Smith is definitely due for a promotion... he has proven him self at WABC.. unfortunately there is no room to move up there right now..i would love to see him go to a national show..as long as they keep him there and wont get rid of him after 6months..which on The Early Show is bound to happen.

I think Jeff Smith is definitely due for a promotion... he has proven him self at WABC.. unfortunately there is no room to move up there right now..i would love to see him go to a national show..as long as they keep him there and wont get rid of him after 6months..which on The Early Show is bound to happen.

Jeff Smith is sticking it out at WABC for the long-haul. He gets his national time on GMA, occassionally filling in for Sam... he's Lee Goldberg's primary fill-in, and he knows that he will eventually replace Lee. People who get to WABC usually don't leave unless they are fired, or they make a really bad decision.

Jeff Smith is sticking it out at WABC for the long-haul. He gets his national time on GMA, occassionally filling in for Sam... he's Lee Goldberg's primary fill-in, and he knows that he will eventually replace Lee. People who get to WABC usually don't leave unless they are fired, or they make a really bad decision.

Not to be Devil's advocate here, but how much patience could Jeff be willing to have? If the Ginger Zee deal gets done (if anyone doesn't know, look it up), he wouldn't be on GMA hardly as often, if ever. Also, Lee isn't even 40 yet, he could be around another 25 years. Would he want to wait that long (I realize that idea is very unrealistic)?

BTW, who says a new person would have to come out of New York? Just sayin'...

BTW, who says a new person would have to come out of New York? Just sayin'...

I'm going to say this from the perspective from station management around the country (I've known or talked to) away from New York so don't get offended or bash me for being a "hater" if you're from out east. Personalities (especially white males) with thick(er) eastern/NY accents don't do so well with viewers from the rest of the country.. It's something not so noticeable by management/executives/producers, etc. working out of New York because they're used to it but it's something that stations around the country get complaints about often. One of the biggest complaints I've heard with the Early Show is people can't stand the NY accent of Chris Wragge..

As for the new Early Show set.. I bet it's going to be a copy of WFLD's morning set. haha..

I'm going to say this from the perspective from station management around the country (I've known or talked to) away from New York so don't get offended or bash me for being a "hater" if you're from out east. Personalities (especially white males) with thick(er) eastern/NY accents don't do so well with viewers from the rest of the country.. It's something not so noticeable by management/executives/producers, etc. working out of New York because they're used to it but it's something that stations around the country get complaints about often. One of the biggest complaints I've heard with the Early Show is people can't stand the NY accent of Chris Wragge..

As for the new Early Show set.. I bet it's going to be a copy of WFLD's morning set. haha..

People got to get over their selves with this accent. Who said people form the west coast has the "normal" accent. Chris is just bad period, not his accent. I am from SC and there are plenty of people who anchor at my home stations doing good like Craig Melvin (WIS) Nancy O'Dell (WPDE) and Stuart Scott (WPDE), and some others who went on to bigger markets across the country. We are all different so if they find some one from Georgia with an accent, then so be it. I cant stand that people act like this.

Saw the Early Show this morning and they actually had 2 entertainment segments from the little I watch. Maybe they are finally listening to the people instead of the "hard news" format they promote so much now. CBS still has a long way to go. If I was Russ Mitchell and they still havent given me a due promotion, I will leave to another network. He has been there too long to be look over more than 20 years.

My work hours prevent me from seeing any of the morning shows. But the last time I could call myself a regular viewer of CBS mornings was... never. Each iteration of The Early Show seemed to get progressively worse. I liked Jane Clayson and Bryant Gumbel, but you could tell they were trying really hard to capture the old Today Show magic.

I hope whatever they decide to do with the show, it sticks. If they are moving to a newsroom-style studio, it really makes me wonder whether they will try to poach Joe and Mika from MSNBC, or if they are going to try to recreate that kind of show for a national audience.

I hope whatever the new set looks like would look like a mix of the sets of the Gumbel/Clayton era and 2008 Smith/Chen/Rodriguez era. Amd I think it should have the warm and inviting feel of ABC GMA and the clear and elegant feel of the NBC Today Show.

I also think that somehow Early Show should make a format that mixes the hard news and the entertainment without mashing both together. (I hope it doesn't give up on musical performances.)

I hope whatever the new set looks like would look like a mix of the sets of the Gumbel/Clayton era and 2008 Smith/Chen/Rodriguez era. Amd I think it should have the warm and inviting feel of ABC GMA and the clear and elegant feel of the NBC Today Show.

I also think that somehow Early Show should make a format that mixes the hard news and the entertainment without mashing both together. (I hope it doesn't give up on musical performances.)

I loved the desk from the Smith/Chen/Rodriguez era. I thought that was the best desk that any morning show had. Right now I like GMA desk because CBS is using a thin table for now.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cbs-news-posts-new-job-for-revamped-early-show_b88967

"TVNewser first reported last week that the third-rated morning broadcast is moving from the GM building along tony 5th Avenue, to a new street-level studio at the CBS News Broadcast Center on Manhattan’s West Side."

A new Street-level studio? Huh? How and where can that building support a street level studio. I don't see it.

http://www.mediabist...rly-show_b88967

"TVNewser first reported last week that the third-rated morning broadcast is moving from the GM building along tony 5th Avenue, to a new street-level studio at the CBS News Broadcast Center on Manhattan’s West Side."

A new Street-level studio? Huh? How and where can that building support a street level studio. I don't see it.

You completely got it wrong, they are doing a newsroom set sort of like MSNBC Morning Joe. Not a street level set. They are moving out of the street level studio (probably to save money) for a new "hard news" concept.

You completely got it wrong, they are doing a newsroom set sort of like MSNBC Morning Joe. Not a street level set. They are moving out of the street level studio (probably to save money) for a new "hard news" concept.

I don't have it wrong. TVNewser does.

http://www.mediabist...rly-show_b88967

And i read that TVNewser and I too say that the report is wrong. You can't make a street-level studio at the CBS Broadcasting Center. If you could, then 106 and Park would be using it first. And what is "tony 5th Avenue"?

I have a Yes/No question for you all: Do you guys like the decision CBS News is making for the Early Show to move to the CBSBC? And do you all like how it is now?

For the first question no because, all they had to do is redo the Early Show set. I also hate the current format, They are going to go through another clean house in the coming weeks and get some new personalities. They need to get rid of that "hard news" concept, they need a strong male anchor and both chris nor jeff can do that. They need another female who we can actually understand (ERIKA HILL talks to fast) and more entertainment news. You don't do that format in the morning when people are waking up. You try to give people hope in the morning that the day is going to be a good day. CBS needs some help, but this isn't the direction you want to go.

Let me chime in here. CBS tried that fluffy stuff in the morning( cooking segments, entertainment reports. etc.) it got them nowhere. They were trying out something different and hard news is the approach they decided to go. When you're number 3, you try everything possible to get to the top spot.

Archived