KCTV gets new graphics

Mrtraveler01

I just happened to be on the KCTV website and noticed that it looks like KCTV redid their entire graphics package. I'm not near Kansas City anymore so I'm not able to find out for myself.

I also see that SouthernMedia says that KCTV got new music too, finally ditching Millenium 3 for Icon News (KTVU's new music package). Something that was probably long overdue.

Here's a sample of what KCTV looks like now:

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15898355/short-forced-off-the-baby-lisa-case

Definitely an in-house design. I seriously doubt GO would come up with something that looks that terrible.

Well considering that before they just used modified graphics that were first introduced to the station a decade ago. This was a needed upgrade and fairly impressive considering where they were before.

Well considering that before they just used modified graphics that were first introduced to the station a decade ago. This was a needed upgrade and fairly impressive considering where they were before.

I thought the old graphics were introduced in 08 or 09 and looked a bit like the FOX O&O stuff...

They've been refreshed from time to time but it's still seems like the same basic concept that was introduced back around 2000:

Here's what KCTV looked like in 2002:

And here's KCTV weeks before they switched their graphics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIRS3tIcLpA

Maybe it's just me but it just seems like they just kept refreshing their old graphics instead of a total overhaul. But then again, they're pretty good in the ratings so I guess there was no incentive to change what's not broke so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived