Sinclair buying Freedom Communications

bixpchiphead

One could wonder if the FCC could force Sinclair to sell off some of their stations just to get the sale cleared. Also they're eventually going to have to divest some stations because with that many stations, David Smith and company are eventually going to cause the company cash problems, 'cause I'm not sure they'll continue to have the money to run 70 stations. Somehow, a purchase like this is going to eventually have the station group go over the FCC's 39% national market share limit for station groups.

Also Sinclair couldn't buy WWHO, which the article says they're planning on buying also since they already own WSYX and WTTE in Columbus. They could use the same form of loophole abuse for those that they already use in order to own/manage three stations in Nashville: they own WZTV and WUXP, and manage WNAB. But the FCC needs to start realizing that some of SInclair's ownership practices, operating stations owned by a station group that members of the company board hold stock in skirts the FCC ownership rules (but then again, they let Nexstar/Mission slide...).

That's so uncalled for. How did Sinclair (or should I say "Sincrap") become too greedy and too much of a monopoly to own so many stations? I hope for the FCC's sake that they need to take action aginst Sinclair to make sure that the acquisition of the Freedom Communications stations will not go through.

That's so uncalled for. How did Sinclair (or should I say "Sincrap") become too greedy and too much of a monopoly to own so many stations? I hope for the FCC's sake that they need to take action aginst Sinclair to make sure that the acquisition of the Freedom Communications stations will not go through.

How about other media companies like COX, Belo, they would buy Freedom Broadcasting.

Also Sinclair couldn't buy WWHO, which the article says they're planning on buying also since they already own WSYX and WTTE in Columbus. They could use the same form of loophole abuse for those that they already use in order to own/manage three stations in Nashville: they own WZTV and WUXP, and manage WNAB. But the FCC needs to start realizing that some of SInclair's ownership practices, operating stations owned by a station group that members of the company board hold stock in skirts the FCC ownership rules (but then again, they let Nexstar/Mission slide...).

I can speak on this one. Dispatch Broadcasting (Owners of WBNS-TV) were trying to buy WWHO-TV from LIN but was shut down by the FCC. If Sinclair tries that move I bet you good money WBNS will raise some hell about that one for sure.

I can speak on this one. Dispatch Broadcasting (Owners of WBNS-TV) were trying to buy WWHO-TV from LIN but was shut down by the FCC. If Sinclair tries that move I bet you good money WBNS will raise some hell about that one for sure.

Good! Sincrap needs somebody to shut them down on purchasing anymore stations via LMA

Archived