What new WABC music was going to be...

nynewsguy

For those of you interested....

http://www.garimedia...p.com/music.php

Follow that link. Under "news branding" click on "samples" and then once that loads, click on "ABC Eyewitness News" on the right. The first clip is what the new opens were going to sound like, if in fact the new music that had been commissioned was used.

Discuss. lol.

I stumbled upon this yesterday while randomly browsing through Gari's site, and figured it was the intended new open cut since it was synced up to the new open. It's a clear step down from the Series 4 music, and it sounds like some overblown 1970s cop drama.

Honestly, I think WABC's theme, as it is now, is absolutely perfect. It's urgent, it's newsy, and it grabs your attention. I cannot think of any way that 7 can change to a theme that works as well as what they have. Maybe they can phase in some newer bumpers, but Series 4 fits WABC in the same way Move Closer To Your World fits WPVI. It's just completely iconic at this point in a way few news themes are.

And now the Eyewitness News sampler has been pulled off the site. Interesting.

well, more than likely because this wasn't supposed to be "out there"... there's still the possibility that this might happen... I wouldn't have posted it myself, but since it was on Gari's site, I knew I couldn't get slapped with it.

I don't know...is anyone absolutely confident that that would have been/will be the theme? I only ask because alot of the cuts featured in those montages (EWN, Enforcer, Stimulus, etc) aren't accurate to the videos.

I don't know...is anyone absolutely confident that that would have been/will be the theme? I only ask because alot of the cuts featured in those montages (EWN, Enforcer, Stimulus, etc) aren't accurate to the videos.

oh yah. I saw it with my own eyes.. this was cued up and used during the rehearsals for the new studio... the decision was made to stick with the old Series 4 stuff only a few days before the reveal.

The thing is that this still might get used. It hasn't been rejected officially.. just "put off" for now.

Nothing new or special..

WLS has already gone to Gari a couple times in the past few years for new music and they've been made but have been rejected by the station and not released..

Actually, those unused WLS cuts wouldn't be half bad for WABC, in my opinion. However, the intro online sounds like the Stimlus update with the EWN signature poorly slapped on the end. It's quite disappointing compared to the cuts used in the "Number 1 in New York" promos.

I guess if you ever wondered if anyone at Gari Media Group looks over this site, now you know.

(Come on, it's not as if they noticed a spike in traffic on their site. No small business monitors that.)

Looks like I missed out, I wish I could've heard it before they pulled it off, oh well I guess they must've had a reason to take it out it probably wasn't as good as what they are using now...

Archived