WBRE Changing Graphic Look?

NEPAMediaNut

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Folks,

WBRE started airing different graphics this morning but just for ''ID's". Although it is a nice look, some people may be left confused. Most of us have seen the video posted above^ with a totally different look (the WAWV look in Terre Haute). So, your guess is as good as mine but certainly will be interesting to see how this pans out. Thoughts?

Though I will agree that it is a sad temp set, at least they're not broadcasting from the janitors closet or the newsroom like they've done in the past. I still want to know if the set that they use for select interviews and Fox56 News First at 10 will be replaced. It's in the same studio as the set they are constructing. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

This video was just uploaded to the Nexstar Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/38641833

This confirms the "Blue/Gray and Red" graphics for Eyewitness News, which makes me think that WBRE will use Look G for WBRE/NBC promos/commercials.

Can anybody identify the music package?? It sounds familiar to me for some reason, but I just can't seem to tell what it is. SOUNDS LIKE: News Matrix to me. Is it??

The new studio and control room (thus far) look pretty cool, IMO. :awesome:

I'm not too familiar with JCB's work, but based off of past knowledge, I have a feeling that the logo was made in-house by Creative Services Director, Chris O'Neal. He designed the PA Live! Logo that they use for their 4pm lifestyles newscast. It resembles other work that Chris has done. I might be wrong...just my instinct.

That is the 'Election Coverage' L3. The regular L3s are Red on top and White on the bottom. I think what NEPAMediaNut was trying to say is that this L3 belongs to the new graphics package, even though they are still using the "Look A" L3 for everything else through April 2nd when the new changes take effect.

• 2 weeks later...

On the 6pm & 11pm news last night, we were given a sneak peek at the new set. On Nexstar's Vimeo, they've posted Talent Rejoins, which also give some looks at the set. http://vimeo.com/39518448

I know that it is hard to see it in this video, but does anybody know the name of the Weather Software WBRE will be using??

Also, does anybody know the name of this graphics package or who produced it??

How about the Voiceover Guy??

I know the music package is News Matrix.

John Young is the voiceover in the talent open video, he's done work for stations like WFLX/West Palm Beach and WRTV/Indianapolis, among others.

Thanks. I kept thinking it was Pat Garrett, but the voice wasn't quite deep enough.

On the 6pm & 11pm news last night, we were given a sneak peek at the new set. On Nexstar's Vimeo, they've posted Talent Rejoins, which also give some looks at the set. http://vimeo.com/39518448

I know that it is hard to see it in this video, but does anybody know the name of the Weather Software WBRE will be using?? It's the same as KOZL, WAWV, WEHT/WTVW etc... currently uses.

Also, does anybody know the name of this graphics package or who produced it??

How about the Voiceover Guy??

I know the music package is News Matrix.

WAWV/WTWO are using WeatherCentral.

Thanks all!! I had a chance to speak to a WBRE employee yesterday, and he filled me in on everything that I had asked above, with the exception of the Graphics Package. He said he wasn't sure.

On April 2, 2012 history will make a comeback to Northeast PA. WBRE comes to you in HD! Here's a sneak preview of all the new changes in Wilkes-Barre. Also making a comeback, the addition of WYOU News at Noon and WYOU News at 7PM.

Archived