WNBC Look F Revealed

bammy9

I like the opening and the music, but I think the images in the opening aren't very interesting.

Regarding the set, I like it. I hope the backdrop is one of those really high quality projections seen in the football and Nightly News studios that almost look photorealistic.

In the renderings, the backdrop appears to be like a window, not just a wall. If that's the case, it should look very nice. The closet thing I would compare it to (outside of the NN set) is the "patio door" setup on the Live with (Regis &) Kelly set.

Just as an observer, I couldn't imagine them pushing it all the way to the election. I'll bet the network wants them to have things up and running by the Olympics. You have to remember, they would theoretically be in the new studio by now had they not tossed it in January.

It will more than likely coincide with the Olympics. The new set looks eh.

On a side note: I mean if the future of News 4 New York is Shiba Russell and/or Contessa Brewer, they will have bigger problems to worry about than just their set!

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that certain elements from WNBC/NBC affiliates new look is already being ripped off by WCBS. For instance, the graphic splash "breaking news" used by WCBS looks awfully familiar to those in the video previews posted here of the new packages used by NBC affiliates.

Archived