Providence Equity putting Newport Television on the block....

tyrannical bastard

Any company would definitively purchase Newport Television, but please not Sinclair. Anything but Sinclair.

For me, I'd like to see the company merge with either Raycom or Nexstar. I just hope Sinturd does'nt even come close to purchasing Newport.

If LIN did buy Newport, would they have to sell WPMI or could they form a triopoly with WALA and WPMI?

Chances are one of the two duopolies in Mobile (Newport also owns WJTC) would have to be sold to another company (with Raycom being the most likely suitor).

For me, I'd like to see the company merge with either Raycom or Nexstar. I just hope Sinturd does'nt even come close to purchasing Newport.

Any company would definitively purchase Newport Television, but please not Sinclair. Anything but Sinclair.

I doubt Sinclair would buy it, it would have to divest its San Antonio duopoly of KABB/KMYS in order to get WOAI-TV (unless it transferred those two stations to Cunningham), Sinclair is also too large of a company now to begin with. For Nexstar, WLYH is operated by the company but if it bought the station, it would have to use Mission Broadcasting to purchase it; and Rochester would might not be possible since Nexstar doesn't do virtual triopolies, just virtual duopolies (Newport owns WHAM, Nexstar owns WROC and operates Sinclair's WUHF).

I'm about to say this shockingly for me......But you can do MUCH worst then sinclar they are at least showing effort. Nexstar....NOW THAT is worst!

Archived