DEVELOPING: Robin Robinson Out at WFLD

24994J

While nothing is confirmed, Robin Robinson, long-time anchor at WFLD-Fox Chicago is expected to relieved of her duties next month upon the conclusion of her current contract. No successor has been named, but in addition to her exit...

"Numerous other major changes are rumored to be coming in the next few weeks at WFLD-TV, as well. General Manager Mike Renda's contract expires at the end of August. Insiders say that his contract also will not be renewed by FOX. Major changes, both in front and behind the camera, are said to be coming to the station's low-rated morning program "Good Day Chicago" later this summer."

Of course, this has been a long time coming, but this either going to be the final nail in the coffin or the first sign that the network and new personnel are starting to notice.

Let the speculation begin...http://chicagoradioa...-after-25-years

Hopefully this is all true. Nevertheless, this isn't a real shocker and should have happened years ago. Finally there appears to be some much needed changes coming to WFLD. I wonder who they will keep/let go? It would be nice if they re-hired some people like Nancy Pender, Nancy Loo, etc...

Not too surprised by this. As much as I like Robin Robinson, and as much as I don't think WFLD's ratings woes have anything to do with her, it's probably time... 25 years is a great run. Should Anna Davlantes replace her?

I wouldn't be too sad if Bob Sirott goes bye-bye as well. I wouldn't be sad at all if Bill Bellis & Lou Canellis go. Or Tammy Souza (what happened to her?). Put Corey McPherrin back in the top sports job, he's sorely missed there. Do more with Jan Jeffcoat. They never should have let Amy Freeze go. Or Nancy Pender or Nancy Loo. Or Anne Kavanagh or Lilia Chacon or Jill Carlson or Byron Harlan or Jack Conaty or Jeff Goldblatt or David Novarro or Mark Saxenmeyer or Margaret Shortridge. WOW. I liked Chris Sowers too. Did I forget anyone? Well there's Bruce Wolf but he was before.

(BTW I noticed the article omits Mark Suppelsa as Robin's co-anchor after Walter Jacobson and has some of the tenure years wrong.)

The noon show and weekend are the only two worth watching... Jan and Pat are hilarious at noon and are experienced journalists and larry yellen just is a perfect weekend anchor a experienced veteran journalist... Get rid of sirott, bellis n his fake spray tan and dorky smile, souza who cant say " temperatures" the right way to save her life, canellis, and chavvaria plllleeeassseee! Bring back freeze, dimaio and sowers, keep strehl on mornings cuz hes the besssssssttttt, leave solarte too shes good... I think this is a good lineup:

4:30-7 Chambers and Padilla

7-10 elwood and jeffcoat

12-1 davlantes (solo?)

9-10 mcpherrin and davlantes?

Weekends: yellen

Idk that lineup needs work but a start

Oh and weather/sport line up:

Weather-

Strehl- GDC

Sowers- Noon

Freeze- nine

DiMaio- Weekends

Sports-

McPherrin- director, 9pm

Miller- weekends

Jiggets/ ????- sports reporter/sub anchor

Wfld doesnt seem to bring old ppl back though like cbs did with curran filling in etc.

Here's something a little interesting...I go to WFLD to watch The Simpsons, only to find a "FOX Chicago News Special" on right now (5-6pm). They're saying that they're on the air because of the "busy news day" (primarily the heat wave and the Obamacare ruling). I'm left wondering if this is a preview of programming to come, but the anchor team is a little interesting, too...Bob Sirott and Anna Davlantes. I don't usual watch the 9pm news, but I'm curious if Robin Robinson has already left. It only makes sense that Anna would take her spot, but it seems odd to pull her from the mornings to anchor a broadcast this afternoon that was unannounced and, therefore, no will watch.

FOX seems to be playing with all of their stations..Here in New York they are making a HUGE mistake..Greg Kelly is moving off Good Day NY and they're bringing in Dave Price..here is the new line up

Good Day Wake Up (4;30-7) Steve Lacy and Heather Nauert (no change)

Good Day NY (7-10) Dave Price and Rosanna Scotto

Fox 5 News at 5 Ernie Anastos and Dari Alexander

Fox 5 News at 6 Greg Kelly

Fox 5 News at 10 Greg Kelly and Dari Alexander

Now from what I've seen FOX Chicago needs change but here in NY Good Day NY was perfect I have no idea why they are changing it..

Here's something a little interesting...I go to WFLD to watch The Simpsons, only to find a "FOX Chicago News Special" on right now (5-6pm). I'm left wondering if this is a preview of programming to come, but the anchor team is a little interesting, too...Bob Sirott and Anna Davlantes. I don't usual watch the 9pm news, but I'm curious if Robin Robinson has already left. It only makes sense that Anna would take her spot, but it seems odd to pull her from the mornings to anchor a broadcast this afternoon that was unannounced and, therefore, no will watch.

The special newscast has been in the works for a couple of days (it was even listed in my DirecTV grid and mentioned on-air). It would make sense to add a 5PM newscast, but no real movement has ever been made on that front. Robin is off this week, plus, after 25 yrs., I doubt they wouldn't offer her the courtesy of saying goodbye to viewers and give her a proper sendoff. But you never know.

I wouldn't read too much into Anna co-anchoring this evening. Bob and Jan have co-anchored a special report/newscast before and given that Jan just got back this week from maternity leave, they likely didn't want to overburden her.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived