Linda Church moving to weekends

cbs2idiots

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was Cioffi's last weekend at CW. He starts freelancing next weekend at NBC4

Morning production crew member says CW11 is in a total state of confusion as to how to fill their weather shifts and Mr G is only making things worse. He is the epitomy of a psychotic male diva.

Should be interesting to see who and what pops up over there.

Really? I would have thought they would have given an on air send off for Joe, since he's been there so long. By the way, how is Mr. G making the situation even worse? Why is he even in the equation anyways? If they knew that Linda was moving to weekends, they should have been searching for a replacement already.

This was Cioffi's last weekend at CW. He starts freelancing next weekend at NBC4

Morning production crew member says CW11 is in a total state of confusion as to how to fill their weather shifts and Mr G is only making things worse. He is the epitomy of a psychotic male diva.

Should be interesting to see who and what pops up over there.

Really? I would have thought they would have given an on air send off for Joe, since he's been there so long. By the way, how is Mr. G making the situation even worse? Why is he even in the equation anyways? If they knew that Linda was moving to weekends, they should have been searching for a replacement already.

So I asked around a bit and it may be 2nd hand news but they tell me this was handled very poorly and were not ready for Linda's and Joe's requests.

And as for G, it seems he was actually given veto power on some candidates for the job. He turned down a couple of well known names all for his own safety and paranoia and not giving a dam* about the station. If this is true, how in the world can management be so weak and feeble as to give in to a bit player's desires. At most other stations, managment doesn't give a cr@p what talent thinks or wants.

I would think sometimes management should have their ears open a little bit to what the talent might have to say. In this case though they should choose the best talent available, period. Mr. G (no matter what his status might be in this town) should never be the deciding factor. I wonder who got turned away because of this nonsense.

I don't get why management at 11 is having such issues with this. Perhaps they need to call David Friend and company to get advice on how to deal with a talent turnover.

Guest wxman2106

im hearing they are hiring 2 weather people. 1 for the first block and lynda for the second block on the morning show. The weekend slot is also open. It was joe's option to leave 11 once lynda flip floped on her decision from what i gather

Linda looked fabulous, this AM, a tight pink top off both shoulders, her hair was perfect, what a prize for a 50'ish women. Maybe it is not about the Weather, maybe she should be on when there is a higher male viewing audience.

Linda, back in her form fitting top today looking goog. Would like to have seen her with Jill on the Roller Derby segment. Been almost a month since the rumor of her moving could it be not happening.

Linda, back in her form fitting top today looking goog. Would like to have seen her with Jill on the Roller Derby segment. Been almost a month since the rumor of her moving could it be not happening.

Wiz....didn't ya hear. She's not. She's reducing her workload to 2 hours per morning show once they find someone for the other two hours.

Ironically, that's why Joe Cioffi left.

When all the $hit hit the fan, they asked Joe to stay and he told them to go eff-off after the way he had been treated. So he moved on to WNBC

G goes and picks his own fill in relief rather than management having the &alls to find a 3rd full timer and now they are in a deep mess.

Well I think for the weekend spot they should hire and put on contract Craig Allen who works the weekdays (used to work weekend nights on channel 2), who is very good. He is not available for mornings but he works weekends and fills in on weeknights during his wcbs days. Other possibilities for the weekend gig could be Storm Field or Ira Joe Fisher.

Channel 11 will take a very long time to find a new weatherperson for 2 hrs

(prob 5-7am). My guess is they only want a young attractive female weathercaster. I can not picture Channel 7's Heidi Jones in dancing and dressed like Linda Church.

Archived