Linda Church moving to weekends

cbs2idiots

Bottom line is Nick Gregory is the most ACCURATE weatherman in the NYC market - hands down! Look at his track record compared to those of Mr. G and anyone else,... and he buries them! PERIOD!

I'm really surprised after all these years, why CBS ABC or NBC haven't tried to lure him across town to their shops. Fox 5 news is a total joke now, but when it comes to weather, he's the guy I trust!

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick-he doesn't convay his message the best. Hes a conservative meteorologist who doesn't have an edge to him. Sometimes having that (it's the end of the world vibe) to you during weather events sells. Not saying to go to a Joe Bastardi level but to constantly be dull is what kills your career. Fox still thinks his name is what sells but eventually leone will wise up and pull nick out. Craig also the same way.

People who should be removed from where they are at today:

MR G/chris knowles - God Awful- i put them together cause they are the same ppl.

Nick G/craig allen- Boring..Push to weather producer Fox would be the best then

Lonnie Quinn- Something about him that doesn't work

Elise Finch- NOT market 1 material

Sally Ann M- belongs in billings montana with that voice and persona

Mike woods ..mornings? idk- kinda trys too hard

tracy H- who the hell is tracy hum she did some side action to get where shes at

Jeff Smith- NO go..he doesn't do it for me

Now where people should be

CH 2's Cheif meteorologist: John Bolaris

Ch 4's " : Joe Cioffi or Tony Pann WUSATV DC

Ch 5's " : Steve Maclauglin KXAS Dallas/ Kathy Orr KYW-Ch 3

Ch 7's " : Lee Goldberg

Ch 11 " : Chris Cimino

CH 2's Morning meteorologist: John Elliot- Fine- get's the job done

Ch 4's " : Adam Joseph WPVI Ch 6 Philly

Ch 5's " : Mike Woods

Ch 7's " : Bill Evans

Ch 11 " : Linda Church

CH 2's Weekend Morning : Mary Kay Kleist CBS 2 Chicago

Ch 4's " : John Farley NBC 11 San Fran

Ch 7's " : Roberto Gonzalas CBS 5 San Fran\

CH 2's Weekend evening : Jeff Baradelli WFOR

Ch 4's " : Brian NorCross WFOR

Ch 5's " : Ken Barlow CBS BOSTON

Ch 7's " : Heidi Jones

Ch 11 " : Jeremy Reiner NBC 7

I pulled alot of other market people out because NYC evenign people are god awful. If you think about it besides San Fran..We have the most NON Meteorologists on Television.

as you can see it's a slow day for me to post all this ahah

Jeremy Reiner is a good meterologist and I have met him (he is a really nice person) but I think he does well when he has a good anchoring team along with him that is when he is best, I don't think it would work out in NYC. Picking Ken Barlow to do weather in market 1 is insane, he is very awkward while doing the weather in market 7. I actually think Janice Huff & Elise Finch are very good. I also disagree about John Elliott he is horrible. I also wanted to point out that Lonnie Quinn is the worse weatherman on the air, he actually makes Jeff Raneri the second worse weatherman on the air look good.

Here are some I put in:

Pete Bouchard WHDH (He is fanastic)

Barry Burbank WBZ (He is really good)

Mish Micheals WBZ (The best female weather person in Boston)

Mike Wankum WCVB (He is really good)

Joe Venuti WCVB (He is my second favorite meterologist behind Pete Bouchard)

Tony Petrucka WPRI (A great meterologist and I really nice person to have met)

Chickage Windler KSTP ( A great Meterologist)

Johnny Mountain KCBS (He is really good)

Kai Goldberg KCBS ( He is really good)

Janice Huff is a strong meteorologist and earned her right to be the cheif meteorologist. I don't think cheif meteorologist suits Joe, maybe a morning newscast for him. Joe Cioffi is good, but he needs more practice with his presentation. Too many "uhhs" and choppy transitions in his delivery.

People who should be removed from where they are at today:

MR G/chris knowles - God Awful- i put them together cause they are the same ppl.

tracy H- who the hell is tracy hum she did some side action to get where shes at

CH 2's Morning meteorologist: John Elliot- Fine- get's the job done

Ch 4's " : Adam Joseph WPVI Ch 6 Philly

Ch 5's " : Mike Woods

Ch 7's " : Bill Evans

Ch 11 " : Linda Church

CH 2's Weekend Morning : Mary Kay Kleist CBS 2 Chicago

Ch 4's " : John Farley NBC 11 San Fran

Ch 7's " : Roberto Gonzalas CBS 5 San Fran\

CH 2's Weekend evening : Jeff Baradelli WFOR

Ch 4's " : Brian NorCross WFOR

Ch 5's " : Ken Barlow CBS BOSTON

Ch 7's " : Heidi Jones

Ch 11 " : Jeremy Reiner NBC 7

I pulled alot of other market people out because NYC evenign people are god awful. If you think about it besides San Fran..We have the most NON Meteorologists on Television.

as you can see it's a slow day for me to post all this ahah

I agree with most of what you have, certainly your list of those who should be removed. I do like Huff and Cimino at 4. And don't go trying to steal Adam Joseph! ;D

Janice Huff is a strong meteorologist and earned her right to be the cheif meteorologist. I don't think cheif meteorologist suits Joe, maybe a morning newscast for him. Joe Cioffi is good, but he needs more practice with his presentation. Too many "uhhs" and choppy transitions in his delivery.

Practice with his presentation? He's not a recent college graduate in a small markey, ya know. He's far from green. He's been doing weathercasting since before I was born. He can do a hell of a better job than you or me. And he's good for any slot HE is comfortable for.

Or something.

I don't think it's cool to go around saying she did side action to get where she is. You don't know her, I'm sure she's worked very hard to get to where she is.

Man, one little change and everyone goes nuts with speculation.

No one at PIX is going anywhere. LC's in the mornings and Knowles on weekends. They're not splitting the morning show with two mets.

Knowles probably too a little vacay with the holiday weekend coming up so HE is in line for coverage.

Got it?

Jeremy Reiner is a good meterologist and I have met him (he is a really nice person) but I think he does well when he has a good anchoring team along with him that is when he is best, I don't think it would work out in NYC. Picking Ken Barlow to do weather in market 1 is insane, he is very awkward while doing the weather in market 7. I actually think Janice Huff & Elise Finch are very good. I also disagree about John Elliott he is horrible. I also wanted to point out that Lonnie Quinn is the worse weatherman on the air, he actually makes Jeff Raneri the second worse weatherman on the air look good.

Here are some I put in:

Pete Bouchard WHDH (He is fanastic)

Barry Burbank WBZ (He is really good)

Mish Micheals WBZ (The best female weather person in Boston)

Mike Wankum WCVB (He is really good)

Joe Venuti WCVB (He is my second favorite meterologist behind Pete Bouchard)

Tony Petrucka WPRI (A great meterologist and I really nice person to have met)

Chickage Windler KSTP ( A great Meterologist)

Johnny Mountain KCBS (He is really good)

Kai Goldberg KCBS ( He is really good)

I actually don't find John Elliot to be horrible. He is energetic and informative. Johnny Mountain is a pot of gold for KCBS and Kai Goldberg too. Josh Rubenstein is good too.

I actually don't find John Elliot to be horrible. He is energetic and informative. Johnny Mountain is a pot of gold for KCBS and Kai Goldberg too. Josh Rubenstein is good too.

John Elliot is a perfect fit at the Can't be Serious network, because he has the ego and the lack of know-it-all that fits in on the West Side. He knows NOTHING about weather...he's made to be a reporter. Can't imagine why anyone would watch him. I'd take Chris Knowles over him.

bite ur Tongue knite man..Knowles should be broadcasting in NBC 88 in alaska. If it wasn't for Mr G knowles would be unemployed! Elliot does what he does for the mornings..you rarly find tornado and severe weather mornigns

bite ur Tongue knite man..Knowles should be broadcasting in NBC 88 in alaska. If it wasn't for Mr G knowles would be unemployed! Elliot does what he does for the mornings..you rarly find tornado and severe weather mornigns

Ha...nice my friend. Touche. Tongue bitten.

Didn't see Eliot's coverage of the Brooklyn tornado but if memory serves me correctly, Finch was on anyway. Mornings are saved for more personalities rather than those full of wisdom and knowledge...maybe some cleavage too.

Elliot gets the job done and must say his producer brief's him quite well on what's going on. On severe weather expectation days i caught him explaining what may happen and who has the best chances of seeing severe weather. He is a personable man and goes on air with actual explainations. Sad we can't say the same for Lonnie Boy

Archived