Linda Church moving to weekends

cbs2idiots

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Kiran Chetry ( Chris Knowles) was in the last 2 day for Linda is he a fill in or a replacement?

It's the summer...I'm sure LC is taking little vacations. And yes Mr. Chetry is the freelancer...the new Joe Cioffi of WPIX. Although Joe and CK should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

They do weather. Not really life and death stuff. :-X

Unless your forecasting, I dunno, Hurricane Katrina.

There would be about 100 million more hits on this thread before a hurricane, 500 Billion mores hits for Katrina size, to hit NYC.

With those odds, we're safe with Joe and Chris. :(

Hey Harry-

First off Joe Cioffi was CH 11. No one tunes in for MR G or that Dork Chris Knowles. Lynda is a good forecaster she communicates well with her audience and i myself find watching her during winterstorm mornings to be very insiteful. Chris Knowles is terrible. he tryes to be a funny guy and it always backfires. I watch him laugh to himself at his own dumb lingo's because he tryes way too hard. That stations at 10pm is terrible

First off, you're wrong. Mr. G IS WPIX. When a winter storm is on its' way, Irv gets the best read on it. The senior weatherman in the area gets the nod.

The station does a good job with the money they get. If they had CBS money, it might be different. Then again, maybe not, as CBS is in the crapper.

first off..noone turns to MR G for weather. Fox has crushed them in ratings for years during the 10pm hour along with MY 9. The only newscast that goes back and forth against ch 5 is the CW 11 Weekend News at 10. The team Joe Cioffi was apart of. G is washed up..and is rumored to be on his way out to be replaced by dare i say MAYBE JOHN BOLARIS..HMMM

Fox/UPN have the bucks to spend, unlike PIX. Same correlation as CBS's budget as I stated above. Until the last few years, WPIX was a once daily newscast station. You can't compare a local with the bigs.

As for Mr.G, 30+ years in the NY market, he must be doing something right. No one has/had a better track record.

First off, you're wrong. Mr. G IS WPIX. When a winter storm is on its' way, Irv gets the best read on it. The senior weatherman in the area gets the nod.

The station does a good job with the money they get.

I agree on both points. Mr. G is certainly better than other local weather personalities. He knows when to be serious and i don't mind his friendly on air demeanor. Mr. G is and will always be a NY legend.

As for the second point, WPIX does a good job putting on quality newscasts given their budget. If they had WNYW or WCBS' budget, they would certainly out perform the two. WNYW and WCBS should be ashamed of how they waste their money putting out crap for viewers everyday.

And mind you, WPIX has reclaimed 2nd place at 10pm. I trust Mr. G more than Puente or Gregory.

first off..noone turns to MR G for weather. Fox has crushed them in ratings for years during the 10pm hour along with MY 9. The only newscast that goes back and forth against ch 5 is the CW 11 Weekend News at 10. The team Joe Cioffi was apart of. G is washed up..and is rumored to be on his way out to be replaced by dare i say MAYBE JOHN BOLARIS..HMMM

What are you smoking? Bolaris is headed to Philly after his contract is up.

What are you ALL smoking?

1. If you "trust" G more than even Nick Gregory for weather, especially severe weather, my prayers are with you. You're going with a "personality" with NO weather training versus a real, trusted meteorologist who ALSO has a LONG, great track record in NY.

2. There is NO guarantee that Bolaris is going to Phillie. One of the stations would have to make room for him, make a special effort, and each and every station down there has a full weather staff, including younger forecasters they are promoting heavily. John was popular with the gossip columnists in the Phillie press, not necessarily with viewers. After all these years, he's still somewhat stiff and choppy on air. I wish him luck, though. Something I read above actually seems more plausible..that he'll "end up" at PIX replacing G, where all "washed up" NY weather people tend to go for their "retirement."

If CH11 is where the washed up ones go how would you explain the excuse for a weather team at MY 9 . I also agree it's time for mr G to go he may be good at PR for the station but his forecasts aren't that great.(On a side note It's too bad he 's back at CBS -FM Cioffi hit it better for the end the week where G didn't come close. Too bad they put Joe on full time at night. ;)

With all the years real experience Mr. G has, he wins hands down against the guy with diploma. I seen it my whole life. The guy who has the training on paper and the other guy who did it for real. ;)

Don't forget, Mr. G tells everyone the exact time something is going to occur. The rest don't even get close. :D

What are you ALL smoking?

1. If you "trust" G more than even Nick Gregory for weather, especially severe weather, my prayers are with you. You're going with a "personality" with NO weather training versus a real, trusted meteorologist who ALSO has a LONG, great track record in NY.

2. There is NO guarantee that Bolaris is going to Phillie. One of the stations would have to make room for him, make a special effort, and each and every station down there has a full weather staff, including younger forecasters they are promoting heavily. John was popular with the gossip columnists in the Phillie press, not necessarily with viewers. After all these years, he's still somewhat stiff and choppy on air. I wish him luck, though. Something I read above actually seems more plausible..that he'll "end up" at PIX replacing G, where all "washed up" NY weather people tend to go for their "retirement."

re: Bolaris: You're right it's not 100% sure he's back to Philly but that seems to be the case...so far. But he does NOT fit in at PIX. The newsroom is probably chewing out Knowles for being wacky and impersonable. How would ANYONE with a similar ego and stark personality of Bolaris (with much more wx knowledge over CK) ever go to that station? If anyone is taking over for G, it's Linda who's been after that position ever since the morning show started in '01. Yeah it seems G has an ego but his reputation (not knowledge) lands him at a place like PIX with its own good reputation so he fits in.

And for G-D sakes once and for all, from a professional standpoint, Nick Gregory does not hold a candle to ANYONE at 10pm. He's the quintessential met that anyone in market one would dream about. If Cioffi was ever G's successor, weather in NYC would make the most drastic change since Tex Antoine made his ND cry.

Linda, was on this AM, and did an exersize segment in additionto the weather, would Mr. G, or Bolaris do the same. Isn't Bolaris the ex. of Tiffany McElory? That would be an uncomfortbale situation.

Linda, switched from expert weather girl for yesterday's storm ( Tornado), and BTW the weather coverage was very good, to the sexy low cut off the shoulder older glamor girl. A very good transition.

• 3 weeks later...

Linda was on tonight, but I didn't catch her intro. She looked well.

It's funny but she seemed to fit in a whole lot better with the rest of the anchors than Knowles ever has in the 2 months he's been there. Aside from Cioffi, she'd fit in if she moved to weekends as originally planned.

What's up with her and the morning anyway? It's almost September and still no change in the AM.

Archived