LA Times and Huffington Post reporting that Guthrie to Replace Curry

newsmusicfan

Getting rid of Ann only helped Good Morning America. Also I just saw on TMZ.com that there was no announcer to open the show this morning.. Is that correct? And they are also reporting both Matt and Al are on vacation next week.

Getting rid of Ann only helped Good Morning America. Also I just saw on TMZ.com that there was no announcer to open the show this morning.. Is that correct? And they are also reporting both Matt and Al are on vacation next week.

I watched the first 2 minutes to see if they were actually dumb enough to put Savannah on the sy after Ann was released. The announcer skipped the names. "From Nbc News this is Today, live from Studio 1A. No names.

I watched the first 2 minutes to see if they were actually dumb enough to put Savannah on the sy after Ann was released. The announcer skipped the names. "From Nbc News this is Today, live from Studio 1A. No names.

I too watched to see how they'd announce the show. That's the best decision they've made in the last few weeks. Frankly, I think they should've had someone anchor today that wasn't directly involved with the whole situation...Tamron Hall, Jenna Wolfe, hell, even Hoda; just not Savannah or Natalie.

Also, while not the most reliable, Wikipedia says that Savannah's official first day will be Monday.

I knew this was gonna happen.

I betcha The Today Show will sink to 3rd place before you know it.

Yeah. That's really really likely. Maybe bet your house on it!

• 1 month later...

The last ratings had Today at about 6 million viewers (obviously an olympics bump) GMA at 5, and CBS This Morning at 2.5 million. Do you honestly think Today will loose more than half its current audience all because of an anchor change? Doubt it!

Archived