WBNS-TV on temp set

10Viewer

As long as it doesn't look like the bridge on 'Star Trek', it sounds awesome!

No worries there. It's very warm, variety of materials is good though not startling. Monitors are used effectively, but they aren't wallpapered all over the thing.

Hope some new graphics are on the way, too.

Yep. The look is totally refreshed (though the graphics share a theme that should be familiar to keen-eyed BNS viewers; they look nothing like the current news package).

No worries there. It's very warm, variety of materials is good though not startling. Monitors are used effectively, but they aren't wallpapered all over the thing.

Yep. The look is totally refreshed (though the graphics share a theme that should be familiar to keen-eyed BNS viewers; they look nothing like the current news package).

Do they involve "the tomato"?

one more question, Premierdrum

Will it keep the logo that we been seeing of the current "10TV News sans HD logo" That we have seen in promotions recently and in front of the temp set desk?

(Yeah they showed the whole Temp set desk during Wall to Wall sports a couple weeks ago. it has the Current logo without the HD)

PS: Yea! Big red tomato 10... Memories! And how I became a big news fan. :awesome:

one more question, Premierdrum

Will it keep the logo that we been seeing of the current "10TV News sans HD logo" That we have seen in promotions recently and in front of the temp set desk?

(Yeah they showed the whole Temp set desk during Wall to Wall sports a couple weeks ago. it has the Current logo without the HD)

PS: Yea! Big red tomato 10... Memories! And how I became a big news fan. :awesome:

The ever-so-slightly refreshed 10TV News (sans HD) logo sticks around.

• 2 weeks later...

Very impressive...from the looks of their online stream.

They are still using "This is Your News" though....

I figured the graphics would emulate the promos they have been running the past several months...using shades of blue and different thicknesses of HelveticaNeue.

It's refreshing, original and different from the cookie-cutter looks that WSYX and WCMH are using (now that the look has been ported to other MG stations in the last few months)

The set is very nice and the graphics are refreshing.

Only thing I don't like are the lower thirds, the way that indivdual names transition with the story topic.

I don't know. For a GO job, it's kind of an interesting look, graphics-wise, without going over the top.

http://www.giantocto...om/projects/103

I don't know. For a GO job, it's kind of an interesting look, graphics-wise, without going over the top.

http://www.giantocto...om/projects/103

In seeing the GO reel of the new WBNS graphics, the full-screen block transitions remind me of the 2011-12 season variant of the Troika-designed promo graphics used by Canada's Citytv television system. The new headline open graphics used by ABC World News are structured similarly to both Citytv and WBNS' graphics.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad they still use "TiYN" for the theme. The thought of Enforcer being 10TV's theme, one question: WHY? 'BNS is not an O&O, But they have an O&Oish set. That's good enough. (Look what KOIN's NOW using. Why should 'BNS be the same way?)

Archived