Hurricane Sandy: Perfect Storm 2?

Jess

Yeah, and even more than them. They picked it up when they switched to TruVu Max last summer. 6 uses TruVu Max for everything but radar. They use a Barons system for that and 3 is still using Titan which is pretty dated these days.

Really? Ok, so how can 6 claim to have the most powerful & accurate and 3 the whole million watts thing?..And 10's radar would top both of these? I'm just trying to get clarification. In storms like this, a great radar that can show multiple features and exactly what's going on is very important.

Really? Ok, so how can 6 claim to have the most powerful & accurate and 3 the whole million watts thing?..And 10's radar would top both of these? I'm just trying to get clarification. In storms like this, a great radar that can show multiple features and exactly what's going on is very important.

It's not all about the power. You can have all the power you want but what good is it when you have shitty software presenting it. I've always gotten the feeling that 6's live radar looked like a second grader drew it. 10's radar can do just as much as 6's does and their software seems to be able to display additional info that i don't see on 6.

It's not all about the power. You can have all the power you want but what good is it when you have shitty software presenting it. I've always gotten the feeling that 6's live radar looked like a second grader drew it. 10's radar can do just as much as 6's does and their software seems to be able to display additional info that i don't see on 6.

Ok. Thanks for the clarification. You always have good insights.

So about lineup adjustments here:

6ABC, NBC10, and CBS 3 have shoved their primetime schedules to their subchannels or duopoly partners. PHL 17 is simulcasting channel 6. On the radio, 96.5 and 92.3 are simulcasting 6. 10 is going out on B101 and I think the Greater Media stations.

Nationally, WNYW is going out on Fox Business.

10 running some seriously earned POP boast spots. Their coverage has been at such a high level, they deserve the pat on the back.

It's midnight in the east, and WCAU has Renee and Keith on, thus bridging the gap between evening and morning. Jim is still on WPVI. In New York, David and Contessa are back on WNBC, Kaity and Larry remain on PIX, WABC seems to have called it a night (or their feed is down online) and WCBS has moved on to Letterman.

Matt Lauer announced that Today's Halloween special is being postponed indefinitely, and Savannah told him to put his pantyhose away for next year! GMA is also canceling their own festivities.

Good.

NBC 10 is running promos with viewer feedback basically saying "Your coverage of Sandy was fantastic."

I wholeheartedly agree. With this storm, WCAU has proven without a doubt that it is THE best TV news source in town. I have not seen coverage this good in years.

I hope this translates into viewership.

Uh, no. She said moron. Clearly.

I'm pretty sure that part was a deadpan joke... as evidenced by him declaring "We don't do that here" then turning around and saying "You're acting like a moron!!"

I could be wrong, though.

NBC 10 is running promos with viewer feedback basically saying "Your coverage of Sandy was fantastic."

I wholeheartedly agree. With this storm, WCAU has proven without a doubt that it is THE best TV news source in town. I have not seen coverage this good in years.

I hope this translates into viewership.

This:

[yt]_JvHJoC5bxs[/yt]

Archived