WABC Odd Anchor Line-Up Today

BehindNYNews

WABC had a very odd Anchor Line-Up today (4/19/13). Keep in mind, Sade has been off all week and Diana just came back from Boston last night.

Morning: Ken and Michele Charlesworth

Noon: (didn't watch but assume) Ken either solo or with Michele

4pm: Liz & David

5pm:Bill & Lori Stokes

6pm:Bill & Liz

11pm:BIll & Lori Stokes

I assume this all just has to do with scheduling, with Sade off and Diana probably getting the day off after being in Boston for the week, they didn't want Liz doing everything.

Why have Lori in the evening? One thing I notice is they do not use Sandra or Joe often, even in a dire need of anchors, seems like a waste, if they don't have confidence in them why not replace them? They have no problem putting Phil or Michele in the mornings...

There was no noon broadcast, the network was still in the special report.

Ken and Michelle anchored a local special report sometime during the 10-11am hour (forget the exact time).. I caught it while watching the 7online live feed of the network special report.

Two reasons for this.

1. Lori had it written into her latest contract that she was the main fill-in for Sade at 5PM. So, when Diana and Sade are both out, makes sense that Lori would sub for her at 11PM as well.

2. Bill often asks for Lori to work with him. If you notice during specials or weather events, they are often on-the-air together. This is a request that Bill himself makes.

I honestly feel like something will happen soon at WABC with their anchor line up.. I know it doesn't matter but their the only station in NYC who hasn't had any anchor change in the past year or so. If Ken were to leave I'd love to see David move to mornings.. However if one of the evening people were to leave the station for some reason I think they should make the teams more consistent (meaning put the 4&6 team and the 5&11 team.)

I honestly feel like something will happen soon at WABC with their anchor line up.. I know it doesn't matter but their the only station in NYC who hasn't had any anchor change in the past year or so. If Ken were to leave I'd love to see David move to mornings.. However if one of the evening people were to leave the station for some reason I think they should make the teams more consistent (meaning put the 4&6 team and the 5&11 team.)

The thing is, I like everyone, but if a change had to happen, I would like to see Liz and David at 4&6 and Diana and Sade at 5&11. It would also make it easier for advertising.

The thing is, I like everyone, but if a change had to happen, I would like to see Liz and David at 4&6 and Diana and Sade at 5&11. It would also make it easier for advertising.

I agree completely.. Personally I like Bill and Sade together but I like Sade better with Diana and Bill better with Liz. First off no changes are currently expected but wasn't Diana's original reasoning for leaving the 11 cause of her kids? I believe they are older now so it is quite possible that one day she'd wanna go. Otherwise don't get me wrong but I like David but I really don't see him as the lead anchorman. I think Lipof would probably fit that better.

I agree completely.. Personally I like Bill and Sade together but I like Sade better with Diana and Bill better with Liz. First off no changes are currently expected but wasn't Diana's original reasoning for leaving the 11 cause of her kids? I believe they are older now so it is quite possible that one day she'd wanna go. Otherwise don't get me wrong but I like David but I really don't see him as the lead anchorman. I think Lipof would probably fit that better.

If Ken were to leave you could have Lori and David on mornings and noon, then Bill, Phil or Rob and Liz at 4&6 and Diana and Sade at 5&11.

BTW... does anyone know why Ken never subs for David first at 4? Lori does for Liz sometimes and I know its in her contract for Sade at 5 but Ken is never on in the evenings.

Archived