WITI Debuts New Graphics and Music

trev57

I would guess that the black and white ones are just a generic template from the weather computer, that's all. My guess is that the system glitched and couldn't load the current station template, and defaulted to those basic black and white ones.

http://twitter.com/FOX6Weather/status/326504376556462081/photo/1

They're back.

FOX 6 Debuted a new open and L3rds at 5 tonight. They look nice! They still have the same bug, and same 5:00 Promo I might add. It sure didn't look like anything new before 5! Their also using "when it's important to you it's important to us" in the open.

I wish I could say I like them, but I don't. I really, really don't. I can't say anything specific, but the overall vibe does give me a very "home-made" feel to the graphics.

Edit: biggest thing that bugs me is the gap between the main part of the L3 and the blue bar at the bottom. Seems like those two parts should be snug together. Also, I don't get the choice to use differently designed graphics for weather; that's my biggest pet peeve of anything.

OK I'm sorry but these graphics and the choice of Extreme makes me feel like I'm in 1998. The first thing I thought of when I saw these graphics were the gigantic red and white graphics they used in the late 90's.

Why are the lower thirds so big? The lower thirds on the

were smaller than the ones they're using now. How does that work?

Up Next

Minutes were spent preparing that monitor graphic.

They're not bad, but they're not good either.

I admit, I didn't like them at first, but the graphics are growing on me. That music however...

One major problem I noticed tonight is that the sponsorship for the sports ticker is still in the old spot, covering up part of the lower third.

If they wanted to change the music, with the graphics they now have, they could've went back with Magnum (full time). This is not disappointing, but it is a downgrade. Good that the FOX O&O music has succumbed in Milwaukee.

If I really had my way, I would bring back the iconic TV-6 logo and resurrect that Palmer (Friendly, Activist, Traditional) theme again, even as a FOX station. But I know that will never happen.

Archived