WNYW hires Ben Simmoneau as co-anchor of GDWU

anchorman

• 2 weeks later...

How long has news scroll on GDNY been yellow text on a black background? It does not fit the red, white and blue color scheme of the graphics.

Always had been..the one they use now is just updated to full widescreen

The inconsistencies doesn't stop there, I don't like the fact that they use two different FOX 5 logos. I don't think they care if their graphics match or not.

I get what you're saying but while they arent as bad 2 and 7 aren't much better whith that.

Jenny: @JulietHuddyFox5 Your job is to report the news, NOT your opinion. Keep your rusty two cents out of the broadcast.

Juliet: @JennyWHOA My job is to host a morning show. And my opinions passed the two cents mark years ago!

Jenny: @JulietHuddyFox5 Oh, so you don't actually report NEWS, as in accurate and factual current events? Good to know; I will NOT be watching.

Juliet: @JennyWHOA Good to know, Jen!

Like really... this is kind of ridiculous, and it makes me hate GDWU and GDEC. I get that a fan shouldn't speak to an anchor like this... but COME ON JULIET, have some class... She is so unprofessional, I am disappointed that Fox would let her do this... How unprofessional and rude she is really makes me cringe when I watch her.

Does anyone agree? It honestly makes me mad...

Sorry I had to vent about this

Would've just ignored it, that being said I don't think Juliet's responses were exactly rude. Actually sounds like she's trying to be somewhat sarcastic. The other person's responses though were completely rude. Rusty?

• 1 month later...

Jenny: @JulietHuddyFox5 Your job is to report the news, NOT your opinion. Keep your rusty two cents out of the broadcast.

Juliet: @JennyWHOA My job is to host a morning show. And my opinions passed the two cents mark years ago!

Jenny: @JulietHuddyFox5 Oh, so you don't actually report NEWS, as in accurate and factual current events? Good to know; I will NOT be watching.

Juliet: @JennyWHOA Good to know, Jen!

Like really... this is kind of ridiculous, and it makes me hate GDWU and GDEC. I get that a fan shouldn't speak to an anchor like this... but COME ON JULIET, have some class... She is so unprofessional, I am disappointed that Fox would let her do this... How unprofessional and rude she is really makes me cringe when I watch her.

Does anyone agree? It honestly makes me mad...

Sorry I had to vent about this

Don't watch Fox 5, however that Jenny character has quite the trashy mouth. Clicked on her twitter account and quite a few choice words on almost every text...yikes.

• 1 month later...

Random question... at this point, as much as I have dwelled on here about how much I dont want Juliet to be permanent, it looks like she is the permanent co-anchor. However, I need to ask this question... why haven't they gotten her bio up online... It just seems weird. They got Ben's up straight away... but for her, its been almost a year and still none.

Any insight?

Random question... at this point, as much as I have dwelled on here about how much I dont want Juliet to be permanent, it looks like she is the permanent co-anchor. However, I need to ask this question... why haven't they gotten her bio up online... It just seems weird. They got Ben's up straight away... but for her, its been almost a year and still none.

Any insight?

Maybe she's a freelancer? But does she also still work at Fox News Channel itself? If so that may be the case as to why her bio isn't up yet on the Fox 5 site. Same with WABC reporter Matt Kozar someone mentioned he also works for ABCs news one service and he's a per diem worker at WABC or something.

Any insight?

I think she's technically an FNC Correspondent, permanently "on loan" to WNYW.

Archived