Nexstar migrating to Inergize CMS

sanewsguy

Check out WROC's website. It looks like it has a slight redesign but then compare it with the previous design (here's KARK as an example). Apparently this is the "facelift" the Nexstar stations were supposedly going to receive over the summer. It's the same exact site with some *very* minor cosmetic changes. I mean, it seems clean enough that they are possibly on the Inergize CMS instead of Joomla (open-source software Nexstar has used for their sites for a long while now). But you would think they could've gone with a different design. I guess someone within Nexstar really loves the design.

KOLR, WFFF/WVNY, and WMBD are also using the new design. The WFFF design actually looks semi-decent, probably because they were trying to mimic the Worldnow design they previously used. They haven't changed their site address, yet (I've got to admit though that fox44abc22yourvoice.com is even worse than the Nexstar city mandate). I presume that the remaining sites on Joomla, the ex-Newport stations, KSEE (on BIM's CMS) and the Comcorp stations (currently on Wordpress I believe) will switch over soon.

This image proves these are the new Nexstar sites:

9wxe.png

IDM would stand for "Inergize Digital Media" which confirms that this is the new Inergize CMS they are on. Also, they are using the Inergize video player. I think it's a good move they are moving comments to Disqus but everything else is a step down IMO. New CMS, same design.

I'd go as far as to say the new Sinclair sites look better than this. The only thing the keeps the Sinclair sites from functioning better is the fact that they are on a proprietary CMS while Nexstar is on Inergize. Seems like they took them over just for their technology and couldn't care less about the design. Disappointing Nexstar. :(

"Facelift"; yeah right. Their current design was awful, and this doesn't change it much. Only good one is WFFF, as mentioned.

I wonder why WFFF didn't just switch to something like BurlingtonsVoice.com or something like that

That URL actually predates Nexstar ownership...

Before the current site, it was fox44now.com and abc22.com (the two stations had separate sites before it was decided to merge them into one).

I was aware of the separate ownership, but I assumed Nexstar came up with the URL when they were consolidated and purchased by them. Nexstar has some great URLs out there...

If I understood correctly, as I think someone mentioned above, when Nextar bought it's Newport stations, they kept the Newport design, which is what you see on WATN. Not sure if they will be getting the new site or not.

That appears to be a totally different design altogether. It looks like a nicer version of what everyone else has.

That's the old Inergize template that was used by Newport.

I still haven't figured out whether this change is actually the new Inergize design or not. At WATN, they just hired a full-time web producer this week (which they haven't had since their original web producer died several years ago) and there's been no indication from him of an upcoming change yet. At the very least, this is not migrating to the Newport properties for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Its funny, even their GoLocal/.Biz sites look a bit nicer (and heck, KLSR uses it as its main site... somehow, see http://www.oregonsfox.biz/). On second inspection, California Oregon Broadcasting has a similar .BIZ site for KOBI too, alongside its main site. That entire group screams "Nexstar bait" to me...

Now, if Nexstar wanted a visual upgrade, why didn't they make the new sites look more like KHSL? They use Inergize too, and it looks even better than LocalMemphis.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay it looks like a good chunk of the former Newport stations got new designs today.

KSEE/KGPE, KGET, KTVX/KUCW, WATN/WLMT, WETM, WIVT/WBGH, WWTI.

As of now, no new webpage for WSYR. And no telling if KLRT & KASN sites will be new or merge with the KARK's site, which I think the latte will happen. But Nexstar did stay true to their word for the most part that all will have this design.

And check this out. WTEV/WAWS & WXXA websites still have the old CC Inergize design, ten months after the Newport sale was closed.

Now if Nexstar finds a way to stream all their newscasts online, then we're in business!! :cool:

So much for holding out hope that wouldn't be the "new" Nexstar design. Oh well. So much harder to navigate around then the previous design and many features are just totally gone now.

I can at least get used to this, and hopefully there will be some customizations on the station end to improve navigation. As CircleSeven says live streaming is the biggest thing that has to be added. WATN promised the weekend of their relaunch (June 1) that live streaming was days away, and now 4+ months later it's yet to happen.

Okay it looks like a good chunk of the former Newport stations got new designs today.

KSEE/KGPE, KGET, KTVX/KUCW, WATN/WLMT, WETM, WIVT/WBGH, WWTI.

As of now, no new webpage for WSYR. And no telling if KLRT & KASN sites will be new or merge with the KARK's site, which I think the latte will happen. But Nexstar did stay true to their word for the most part that all will have this design.

And check this out. WTEV/WAWS & WXXA websites still have the old CC Inergize design, ten months after the Newport sale was closed.

Now if Nexstar finds a way to stream all their newscasts online, then we're in business!! :cool:

Cox doesn't seem to be in as much of a hurry to migrate their acquired stations over to the Cox web platform compared to Nexstar and Sinclair.

Has Cox planned on doing anything with their newly acquired stations or are they just keeping the status quo.

Some of these sites are incomplete, especially the Fresno page where it links to pages that don't exist. Looks like KSEE's video isn't available yet.

WSYR meanwhile keeps tinkering with their design. They've definitely done some changes with their site since Nexstar took over without actually getting new templates.

Some of these site names are very good ("4utah.com", "kerngoldenempire.com"), most are typical Nexstar, and one is really stupid ("informnny.com").

Has Cox planned on doing anything with their newly acquired stations or are they just keeping the status quo.

Cox hasn't done anything with these stations other than promote their radio stations a lot more (WOKV and WTEV especially now share resources). KC Lupp, who is a DJ for ClearChannel, still co-hosts a daytime talk show on Fox 23. And Fox23 is still in the same building as the ClearChannel radio stations but there is more cross promotion with the Cox radio cluster there now. They have new GM and ND now and WTEV has a new sales director. Oh, and they brought a reporter in from WSB to be KOKI's new co-anchor. Otherwise, those are the only changes Cox have made to their new acquisitions.

• 5 weeks later...

So KUCW's own site finally got redirected to 4utah.com website. Plus it appears KLRT will keep its own site, and not merge with KARK's site, as KLRT now have the new design, but kept the header from the old site. I was wondering if ArkansasMatters would've had all four full-powers sharing one website? Who would complain the most?

It appears WSYR is the lone shark. For Now. As they are the last Nexstar station with the old CC Inergize look.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived