Frances Rivera Canned from WPIX

B2r4a6n

How about Michele Marsh and Harry Martin as lead anchors.

Harry Martin would be good...As much as I love Michele Marsh and wished she had come back to TV at this point at almost 60 years old and almost 10 years off television I think that ship has sailed...hope I could be wrong cause Harry and Michelle sounds like a great team that would for sure crush Steve and Dari on Fox.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also just want to say that even though the ratings are down at WPIX, all the anchors we're considering like Tamsen, Kirsten, Jodi and Kaity are all better anchors than Dari Alexander. When I watch WNYW, she looks like she doesn't care. Multiple times I have seen the camera on both Steve and Dari, she doesn't even notice it and she's busy away looking at her computer screen until someone from the side (floor manager) gets her attention. The same thing happened at 5pm today.

Steve Lacey is actually a good anchor, but in my opinion Dari anchoring makes it hard to watch. Maybe Frances Rivera can replace her.

As good as it would be to see a fimiliar name and face I think they need somone young and strong who willl be there for a while. However of they choose to go with a known name I would like to see Brenda Blackmon in a bigger anchor role as opposed to whatever she's doing at ch9

Perri Peltz, Mary Civiello, Carol Martin, Felicia Taylor and Jane Hanson

These nominees, with the exception of Hanson and Taylor, hasn't been on air for ages. I don't know what the could possibly bring to the table. If as some of you suggest that Kaity is too old, then these candidates would not be a good choice as Kaity looks younger then all of them. I think WPIX has the youngest team followed by WNBC in terms of the age of anchors and reporters.

Branda Blackmon and Cindy Hsu

They are recognizable in the New York market, but I think that could be a downfall. People accustom their names to their respective stations since they have been there for so long. I don't think trying to recruit really established personalities at others stations will work. For instance, Roz Abrams of WABC fame was a failure for WCBS. When WCBS tried to reassemble the GDNY team with Mario Bosquez, Dave Price and Jim Ryan, that also failed. Jim Rosenfield of WNBC fame was also a failure at WCBS.

I've always liked Frances so it'll be sad to see her go. On a side note, they finally took Lionel out of the opening credits this morning and now Craig, Kirstin, Linda and Julie were all sitting at the desk. Looks like they're going to need to invest in a bigger desk!

On a side note, they finally took Lionel out of the opening credits this morning and now Craig, Kirstin, Linda and Julie were all sitting at the desk. Looks like they're going to need to invest in a bigger desk!

Lionel should be one of the first to go. He is so annoying.

Lionel's personality is irrelevant. The real issue is that Michael Lebron a/k/a Lionel, as a commentator, had no business being placed at the top of a newscast. And he certainly should not have had such a prominent role in the other WPIX newscasts all this time either. Typically, the station manager or news director issues the station commentaries on local issues. That is how a NORMAL news operation works.

But the WPIX situation has been anything but normal since October 2010. All this confusion has made its way from the board rooms to the on-air "set" and has both distracted and disgusted viewers. The ratings prove this. Billing is likely being negatively affected also.

I saw a small part of the morning newscast today. It actually is starting to look like something resembling a newscast. One would hope that after all this time of playing around in market #1, WPIX may finally present an on-air product that, at the very least, looks like it belongs in one of the top ten media markets.

Re "established presences"...aside from Kaity, all PIX has is Marvin Scott. He should anchor again. (Weekends? Midday newscast, if the station brings that up?)

I agree about Harry Martin as a suggested addition. What about Cora-Ann Mihalik, also formerly of 5/9?

Archived