Frances Rivera Canned from WPIX

B2r4a6n

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frances and Suki are useless, not to mention unappealing visually. Rivera, lost glam and interest since the maternity leave. Clean House, keep Linda Church, Lisa Mateo, and Tamsen.

I saw this the day she was hired at WPIX that she wasn't going to last long. She is a good anchor but WPIX wasn't for her and it just didn't work out. I wish her well. WPIX is another thing. They need to clean house. Get rid of Suki. Well just redo the whole morning show. It's is so boring when I watch when I visit NY. The people they had, Bill let them go ie. John Muller was one of my favorite anchors.

Personally, I am surprised by this latest development in the WPIX saga. I wish Frances well too. But WPIX is in such dire straits right now, that change has to come not just in the newsroom and off camera, but in the front office as well. General manager Eric Meyrowitz needs to be sent packing; Once that happens, I believe, you will see real change.

http://tunedinnyc.com/?p=1005

Looks like changes are starting to come to pix, do you think they made the right decision?

As Neil Armstrong once said, "One small step..."

Frances Rivera came off very stiff to this casual viewer. She usually presented content with a "deer in the headlights" style. If she continues to work in the New York market, I think a supporting or reporter role would be more appropriate. Anchoring a major daypart does not seem to be a role she can pull off well.

I think it is possible to differentiate between Rivera and Sukanya Krishnan and not yoke them together simply because they co-anchored a newscast for a few years. Perhaps WPIX sees potential in Krishnan and didn't in Rivera.

Personally, I am surprised by this latest development in the WPIX saga. I wish Frances well too. But WPIX is in such dire straits right now, that change has to come not just in the newsroom and off camera, but in the front office as well. General manager Eric Meyrowitz needs to be sent packing; Once that happens, I believe, you will see real change.

Exactly. When it comes to newscasts, WPIX right now is the Titanic. It matters not how the deck chairs are arranged, that ship is sinking fast. Upper management has to be shaken up as well, but most everyone knows how corporate is insulated the most from being on the receiving end of the pink slip envelopes. The only reason they have let this farce continue as long as it has in the post-Carey era is because, apparently, the station has not lost considerable ad dollars just yet. The revenues always trump the ratings. When the ratings start to erode the revenues, that is when the bulldozing and ground-up rebuilding will start.

At this point, WPIX cannot simply turn the hands of time back to October 2010, and bring back that same newscast with Jim Watkins, Kaity Tong and Mr. G, as some have suggested. But a tastefully updated traditional newscast would be an enormous improvement over whatever it is they are doing on East 42nd Street now.

Sukanya has been there for years and people seem to like her for some reason. They just need to find the right person to flow with her. Yes they are both part of the problem with all their sex and bathroom jokes but they shouldn't completely change. People love Lisa Mateo.. Tamsen was good in the mornings.. Hell even bring Jill Nicolini back. They were great before 2010.. I loved the morning show. It's gonna be alot of work but this is a good step

For me the show started to go south when they demoted John Muller to 4:30am-7am.

Another problem with the AM newscast is different people on daily since the maternity leaves instead of using the same anchors.

Today Craig and Lisa who are the regular 4am-7am anchors are off so Dan and Frances were on 4am-7am then Frances and Kirstin were on 7am-9am.

They hired Julie Grauert in May do to traffic now that Lisa is anchoring.

For me the show started to go south when they demoted John Muller to 4:30am-7am.

Another problem with the AM newscast is different people on daily since the maternity leaves instead of using the same anchors.

Today Craig and Lisa who are the regular 4am-7am anchors are off so Dan and Frances were on 4am-7am then Frances and Kirstin were on 7am-9am.

They hired Julie Grauert in May do to traffic now that Lisa is anchoring.

I totally agree.. Also the FOX5 morning teams are popular especially Rosanna and Greg.. Even Juliet and Ben are growing so either way PIX is gonna have an uphill battle catching up to Fox5.

It's also sounds like they want to keep Suki and Tamsen where they are and pair them up with male co-anchors which is a first good step...however in my opinion they should tweak the set, change the content and just clean house...bring Jodi back and pair her up with a male anchor in the mornings, and put Jim and Kaity back on at 10pm (ok I'm prob. dreaming alittle with that one, but it could happen). At least put Kaity back on weeknights and pair her up with an experienced male anchor.

I would say Tamsen and Suki had better chemistry than Frances had with Suki. If they wanted to move Tamsen away from the evening newscast that could be an option.

I remember Suki and John loved talking about sports. I think Scott Stanford would be a good fit with Suki in the mornings. In addition, I think they would have good chemistry.

I don't know about the pairing of Tamsen and Harry as a team. There does seem to be an age gap. I don't know how they would fit together.

I don't know about the pairing of Tamsen and Harry as a team. There does seem to be an age gap. I don't know how they would fit together.

I realize that, for better or worse, Tamsen seems to be the lead female anchor. I'm not necessarily talking the proposition of she and Harry together, but he'd definitely be an asset. I'm not totally familiar with him, but his delivery and personality seem like a good fit with what WPIX is trying to do right now. Besides, I looked it up, and according to an article published about him 2010, he was 59, which would put him at about 62 now. Tamsen will be 41 this year. That's certainly a wide age difference, but it's about the same gap as Bill (63) and Sade (44) (and Liz, for that matter) over on WABC, and don't make me mention Chuck and Shiba. Just throwing it out there.

No matter which route they go they have a huge mountain to get over.

They are so far behind Fox 5.

Fadal is not the answer and the ratings show it. No matter who you put next to her no one will watch.

Would have been a bold move to find a new female and male for 5 and 10.

Besides, I looked it up, and according to an article published about him 2010, he was 59, which would put him at about 62 now. Tamsen will be 41 this year. That's certainly a wide age difference, but it's about the same gap as Bill (63) and Sade (44) (and Liz, for that matter) over on WABC, and don't make me mention Chuck and Shiba. Just throwing it out there.

Well, to be honest, I never advocated the Chuck and Shiba team. But it works at WNBC and WABC in my opinion, because both Chuck and Bill have an established presence at their respective station. You don't have that at WPIX.

Fadal is not the answer and the ratings show it.

I can't think of a replacement for her for the evening newscasts either. Anyone have suggestions? I think they won't give it to Kaity, not because of her age, but because she testified against WPIX/Tribune in Karen Scott's age discrimination case. She has the presence that is needed to command a serious newscast, but I don't know who they would choose if they want to bring in new talent.

Kaity is close to 70, come on, there has to be some young talent out there ?? Bring back Jodi, how about Lauren Sivan ??

That might be true, but she doesn't look it at all.

I wonder which newscast Jodi wanted to keep, but WPIX management wouldn't give her? I guess the 10pm.

Archived