Frances Rivera Canned from WPIX

B2r4a6n

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird that she was not there this morning. Also Suki is not there this week. So I guess Suki does not want to be there for Frances' last week / last day. She doesn't want to be in a situation like Matt Lauer and Ann Curry. I personally think Suki threw Frances under the bus.

Weird that she was not there this morning. Also Suki is not there this week. So I guess Suki does not want to be there for Frances' last week / last day. She doesn't want to be in a situation like Matt Lauer and Ann Curry. I personally think Suki threw Frances under the bus.

Because, physically for "Frances", throwing "Suki" under the bus would be a lot more difficult :rolleyes:

Seriously, these are personnel matters. Major market anchors don't pick and choose when they show up to work because they don't like their co-workers. And this is true even when a major market newscast behaves like the second-rate newscast in market #208. When anchors behave badly by not following this rule, their reputations are quickly tarnished and they become damaged goods. Then no station wants them... and they ultimately wind up at WPIX.

Comparing the situation at WPIX to the fluff airing mornings at NBC, more commonly known as "The Today Show", is an apples to oranges comparison. While there are real personality problems at NBC, those problems are marketed by network brass to build up intrigue for the show. They are reinforcing the existing audience while intriguing new viewers who want to check out the latest drama. Conversely at WPIX, there is a very small audience which depletes by the week, no tabloid papers/programs to promote the drama, and, really, who would care about any of it? This is why a ground-up rebuild is the only logical solution for WPIX at this point.

Don't try to read between the lines here, because there is no alternate salacious story.

Lionel is live on the 10pm newscast tonight. Is he off the AM newscast or doing both?

I haven't seen him on mornings since they took him out of the intro and Monday night Tamsen welcomed him back to the news at 10, as he was live on set instead of his usual pre-recorded segments.

Let's see... Final two weeks of August. Newscasts few people watch. Management that doesn't seem to care, have a clue, or, probably, both...

I'll throw out a guess of Summer vacation :)

Based on this article we could see,

4-6am Dan Mannarino & Marysol Castro

6-9am Sukanya Krishnan & Kori Chambers

-

5 & 10pm Scott Stanford & Tamsen Fadal

Big improvement if true, now we need a new evening weather person, a sports anchor, a new open, music, set and graphics.

Where does this leave Craig Treadway and Lisa Mateo? Interesting that every time slot will get a male/female paring, but nothing for the weekends.

Also interesting to hear Marysol Castro coming back to WPIX, I thought the position would have gone to Kirsten Cole.

Where does this leave Craig Treadway and Lisa Mateo? Interesting that every time slot will get a male/female paring, but nothing for the weekends.

Also interesting to hear Marysol Castro coming back to WPIX, I thought the position would have gone to Kirsten Cole.

Lisa Mateo had mentioned numerous times she would prefer to focus on entertainment news

I've always had a soft spot for Marysol but the dumbest moved she made was going to CBS. I would have told her not to go if I was her agent because I know how they turn over personality regularly. I still upset at what Dave Friedmen (I hope that's his name) for getting rid of Maggie and Harry for Erika (She redeemed herself with CBS This Morning) and Chris. I hope she considers this again going to another last rated station that isn't that stable right now. She should have just gone to NBC, CNN or the Weather Channel (They always hiring someone) or even become a lifestyle/entertainment corespondent at some station (I enjoyed her segments on GMA Weekend). I hope Marysol the best.

• 5 months later...

Interesting. I like the fact that 30 Rock has NBC logo'd carpet.

Could she possibly be anchoring with David on the weekend newscasts? Or Early Today? Those are my two guesses. I don't really see an opening on MSNBC.

Plus, when was the last time MSNBC hired an actual news anchor?

You mention that she might anchor with David. I think that could be a real possibility with the departure of Erika Tarantal.

I used to watch Francis on WHDH in Boston when I lived there, she is a talented anchor for the evening newscasts. She was the lead anchor at that station and she held her own very well. WHDH was very flashy and is still stuck in the 70's in terms of "if it bleeds it leads" and they chronically over hype stories, but even through that garbage she proved herself to be realistic and watchable. I am glad I will get to see her on WNBC!

Unfortunately Frances has not joined wnbc(at keast not yet) instead it seems she has joined nbc/msnbc...if you look on her twitter it looks as if she was doing sports on Early Today this morning.

Frances is a news anchor not a sports reporter so I doubt she would be doing sports for NBC/MSNBC. All indications point she is joining WNBC as weekend evening anchor.

Frances is a news anchor not a sports reporter so I doubt she would be doing sports for NBC/MSNBC. All indications point she is joining WNBC as weekend evening anchor.

Everybody is assuming it's WNBC. The only indication of anything I've seen is the peacock carpeting. Doesn't translate to weekend evening anchor at WNBC!!!

Everybody is assuming it's WNBC. The only indication of anything I've seen is the peacock carpeting. Doesn't translate to weekend evening anchor at WNBC!!!

Thank you. Just because there's a vacancy at News 4 doesn't mean that's her destination. Like WizOz said, no matter how good she was elsewhere, was a non-factor in the Big Applek, maybe a mere correspondent role at NBC/MSNBC was all that could be found in NYC.

Why are you all getting so upset about it? This is a forum where we can provide our opinions. it doesn't mean that it has to be true. In fact, most of the speculation that goes on here on this site prove to be wrong anyways. No need fret about it.

Plus wnbc already has too many anchors and she was on Early Today this morning so it seems like things are pointing more towards her being an anchor/reporter for nbc/msnbc...maybe down the line she will be asked to join wnbc but for now it seems unlikely.

Why are you all getting so upset about it? This is a forum where we can provide our opinions. it doesn't mean that it has to be true. In fact, most of the speculation that goes on here on this site prove to be wrong anyways. No need fret about it.

Who's getting upset?

Archived