WOIO New Graphics and Logo

ThatSowislander

They have a station that actually makes decent graphics (WBTV) but for the life of me, I can't figure out why they can't make those the group standard. And they have a history of shitty graphics. Look at the graphics they had before the current/soon to be previous graphics.

I remember these that WECT had with some terrible L3s. Seriously, who in their right mind thought these looked good?

I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I didn't mind the old Raycom package.

But this new one is pretty terrible.

I think what makes this all the worse is that Raycom just "plopped" these graphics on WOIO....all the while, the set and their promos are plastered with the old logo, and the color scheme associated with their old look.

Sadly, this is the trend of centralized graphics. They change faster than the station can adapt to them, resulting in a very inconsistent look across the station as things are not updated quickly enough. This is especially evident on certain stations owned by Gannett, Media General, Scripps, and other groups that have centralized their graphics.

Some stations ignore them outside of their newscasts. If they have a kick-ass creative team, their promos and work outshines the material that is fed to them by corporate. WKYC is a good example of this.

Others bypass it entirely because dealing with the hub is not timely enough, especially during breaking news.

Whenever I look at WOIO's callsign, I immediately get

stuck in my head for some reason.

That is all I'm willing to contribute to this conversation.

We have WOIO, WHIO, WLIO and WQIO so it is a popular set of call letters throughout the state of OH ... IO!

Archived