Who got May's book in your market?

NewzPimpin

Detroit anyone?

Here is Detroit ratings,

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070524/clth080.html?.v=62

WXYZ is dominant number one station from sign-on/sign-off in Detroit.

WXYZ is the only station to see ratings growth in newscasts and households numbers.

Morning News Numbers,(5-7 am weekdays)

2.9 rating/19 share, WJBK's 2.4 rating/16 share WDIV's 2.1 rating/13 share

WXYZ gained 11% as WDIV had a decline of 10% and WBJK had a decline of 7%.

midday numbers

WXYZ 5.4 rating/17.5 share, versus WDIV's 3.7 rating/12.4 share and WJBK's 2.1 rating/7.3 share

WXYZ up 6%, WDIV down 10% and WJBK down 22%

5PM numbers

WXYZ 7.7 rating/18 share, WDIV's 6.4 rating/15 share and WJBK 3.0 rating/7 share

6 PM

WXYZ 8 rating WDIV's 7.4 and WJBK's 3.2 rating

WXYZ had 10% of all households at 6pm.

Late news numbers

WXYZ 10.0 rating/17 share compared to WDIV 11.0 rating/19 share and WJBK's 7.6 rating/11 share(10pm).

WXYZ up 22%,WDIV down 2% and WJBK down 6%.

And where's Washington, D.C.; I'd love to see how the departures of George Michael and Arch Campbell has hurt WRC ratings-wise.

And by the way...as for Anchorage, I'm probably saying that KTUU may have lost a teeny tiny bit of ratings points to KTVA, KIMO, and KTBY in primetime, even if NBC's ratings continue to go down the toilet.

Jonathan Allen

Indianapolis???

Here are the official Indy numbers according to someone at TVSpy:

4:30am

WTHR 1.5/10

WISH 1.2/8

WRTV .6/4

5am

WTHR 2.5/15

WISH 2.0/12

WRTV 1.3/7

5:30am

WTHR 4.2/21

WISH 3.4/17

WRTV 1.3/7

6am

WTHR 6.4/24

WISH 5.1/19

WRTV 2.6/9

WXIN 2.2/7

5pm

WTHR 9.5/21

WRTV 4.1/9

WISH 3.9/9

5:30pm

WTHR 9.4/20

WISH 3.9/9

WRTV 3.5/8

6pm

WTHR 9.3/19

WISH 4.5/9

WRTV 3.8/8

11pm

WTHR 8.5/17

WISH 8.5/17

WRTV 5.2/11

BTW, haven't seen any numbers for the Nashville market just yet, but I heard WTVF swept every single newscast this book. Any info on the Nashville numbers?

And where's Washington, D.C.; I'd love to see how the departures of George Michael and Arch Campbell has hurt WRC ratings-wise.

And by the way...as for Anchorage, I'm probably saying that KTUU may have lost a teeny tiny bit of ratings points to KTVA, KIMO, and KTBY in primetime, even if NBC's ratings continue to go down the toilet.

Jonathan Allen

and im probably saying that i work there, and i know that KTVA, KIMO and KTBY have gone down, while we have gone up. and im just talking news, i dont care about primetime, even thought NBC still is #1 in primetime in alaska, mostly because our news is a killer lead in for NBC

Sacramento

5 pm

1. KCRA 10.1

2. KOVR 3.1

3. KXTV 2.2

6 pm

1. KCRA 8.6

2. KOVR 2.9

3. KXTV 2.8

11 pm

1. KCRA 6.9

2. KXTV 6.6

3. KUVS (Univision) 1.5

10 pm

1. KOVR 6.8

2. KXTL 5.0

6-7 am

1. KCRA 4.8

2. KMAX 3.0

3. KXTV 2.6

4. KOVR 1.3

5. KTXL 0.7

"The only poor numbers for KCRA came from the new 7-9 a.m. morning newscasts on sister station My58TV. Despite having essentially the same newscast, format and talent as Channel 3 earlier in the morning, My58TV garnered only a 0.6 rating.

That's paltry compared to "Good Day Sacramento" - 4.4 in the 7 a.m. hour, 3.4 in the 8 a.m. hour. And it's also the exact same rating that the simulcast of the "Armstrong & Getty" radio show got in the same time slot on My58TV during the February ratings period."

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/ticket/archives/007122.html

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to bring up a dead and buried post, but nielsen works from the top down when doing ratings, so anchorages are in...

and much to johnnya2k6's misinformation...

KTUU Channel 2, Alaska's News Source posts impressive gains in May ratings period, with more viewers than the competition COMBINED AND DOUBLED

The Morning Edition: 5 Rating, 45 Share

The 5:00 Report with John Tracy: 11 Rating, 37 Share (Up 11% year to year!)

The Channel 2 Newshour: 13 Rating, 35 Share

The Late Edition: 17 Rating, 45 Share!!! (UP 16% YEAR TO YEAR!!!)

The 5:00 Report Saturday Edition: 9 Rating, 35 Share

The Saturday Late Edition: 9 Rating, 29 Share

The 5:00 Report Sunday Edition: 8 Rating, 30 Share

The Sunday Late Edition: 12 Rating, 41 Share!!!

You will be hard pressed to find such strong viewership anywhere else in the country.

(a rating is a percentage of TOTAL VIEWERS POSSIBLE, a share is a percentage of TOTAL VIEWERS WITH THEIR TV'S ON AT THE SPECIFIC TIME)

Houston: From Belo Corp.

Mornings:

1. KHOU News - First outright win over KTRK EVER

11am

1. Young and the Restless (KHOU/CBS)

Noon

1. KHOU News

2. KRIV News

4pm

1. Oprah (KHOU/CBS)

5pm

1. KHOU News

6pm

1. KHOU News

10pm

1. KHOU News

I've seen the ads and I'm really glad KHOU has taken the #1 spot in all critical news timeslots.

KPRC on the other hand.. something has to be done there. Although it would be drastic, sometimes I think the best possible thing that could happen to them at this point is if Post-Newsweek were to sell them. They quality of their newscasts have really gone down since Larry Blackerby has been there. The overall image and everything has also gotten worse. They're just not a pleasing newscast to watch. And the ratings obviously reflect that. Now, I don't think the ratings are any worse now than what they were when Blackerby first got there, so there's obviously something wrong at the corporate level. Just my take on KPRC.

sorry to bring up a dead and buried post, but nielsen works from the top down when doing ratings, so anchorages are in...

and much to johnnya2k6's misinformation...

KTUU Channel 2, Alaska's News Source posts impressive gains in May ratings period, with more viewers than the competition COMBINED AND DOUBLED

The Morning Edition: 5 Rating, 45 Share

The 5:00 Report with John Tracy: 11 Rating, 37 Share (Up 11% year to year!)

The Channel 2 Newshour: 13 Rating, 35 Share

The Late Edition: 17 Rating, 45 Share!!! (UP 16% YEAR TO YEAR!!!)

The 5:00 Report Saturday Edition: 9 Rating, 35 Share

The Saturday Late Edition: 9 Rating, 29 Share

The 5:00 Report Sunday Edition: 8 Rating, 30 Share

The Sunday Late Edition: 12 Rating, 41 Share!!!

You will be hard pressed to find such strong viewership anywhere else in the country.

(a rating is a percentage of TOTAL VIEWERS POSSIBLE, a share is a percentage of TOTAL VIEWERS WITH THEIR TV'S ON AT THE SPECIFIC TIME)

Yay for KTUU (as usual) despite NBC's continuing suckage, but as far as Fairbanks is concerned...

According to their recent Tanana Valley Television ad sales promo, KFXF was #1 in 18-49s while KXD was #1 in 25-54s...meaning both stations BEAT tired old KTVF in those age groups!!! And I'm thinking KATN got some pretty good numbers as well.

By the way...out of curiousity, how did KTVA and KIMO fare, since I know their newscasts still have some loyal viewers?

Jonathan Allen

By the way...out of curiousity, how did KTVA and KIMO fare, since I know their newscasts still have some loyal viewers?

Jonathan Allen

KTVA

CBS 11 News @ 6 AM: 1R 9S

CBS 11 News @ 5 PM: 5R 16S

CBS 11 News @ 6 PM: 4R 10S

CBS 11 News @ 10PM: 4R 10S

CBS 11 News @ 6 PM Saturday: 4R 16S

CBS 11 News @ 5 PM Sunday: 4R 13S

CBS 11 News @ 10 PM Saturday: 2R 8S (Down 44% Year to year)

CBS 11 News @ 10 PM Sunday: 4R 24S

KIMO

ABC Alaska News @ 5: 1R 4S

ABC Alaska News @ 6: 1R 2S

ABC Alaska News @ 10: 2R 6S

No weekend or morning news

KTBY

Fox 4 News @ 9 Weekdays: 2R 4S (Down 20% year to year)

Fox 4 News @ 9 Saturday: 0R 0S (Down 100% year to year)

Fox 4 News @ 9 Sunday: 1R 1S (Down 66% year to year)

(I smell the end of Fox 4 News)

KTVA

CBS 11 News @ 6 AM: 1R 9S

CBS 11 News @ 5 PM: 5R 16S

CBS 11 News @ 6 PM: 4R 10S

CBS 11 News @ 10PM: 4R 10S

KTBY

Fox 4 News @ 9 Weekdays: 2R 4S (Down 20% year to year)

(I smell the end of Fox 4 News)

I doubt it, as KTBY has the only 9:00pm news in Alaska. And a 2.0 rating ain't bad for a Fox station, though at least they beat KIMO...especially with the one-two punch of "American Idol" and "House" in primetime.

As for KTVA...I don't mind their numbers being in the 4's, but the 5.0 for the 5:00 must be thanks to Oprah as their lead-in. I guess some viewers who were tired of KTUU kicking all butt must've headed back to KTVA, even if they're still #2.

Besides, on the old TVNT board I once touched on the subject of the #2 newscasts being better than #1 the other time.

Jonathan Allen

Besides, on the old TVNT board I once touched on the subject of the #2 newscasts being better than #1 the other time.

Jonathan Allen

if youve ever watched KTVA, you know why their number 2 by a long ways, they generally have 3 or 4 local stories, then the rest is national

And a 2.0 rating ain't bad for a Fox station

a 2.0 is bad in a small market because we dont make much money as it is

On Friday, June 22, WALA in Mobile announced their lead in local news ratings for the Mobile-Pensacola TV market during the May "sweeps" period. The station ranked first in all key demographic categories and time periods, according to the local Nielsen ratings.

Here are the ratings for viewers 25-54:

Morning News

WALA 3.0

WKRG 2.7

WEAR 2.6

Early Evening

WALA 4.1

WEAR 3.6

WPMI 2.7

Late News

WALA (9:00 PM news) 5.8

WKRG 4.1