New Scripps website?

Mrtraveler01

I just happened to check out wcpo.com and noticed that it has a different layout than it did before.

However it doesn't look like it's been implemented on the other Scripps stations yet.

http://www.wcpo.com/home

What do you guys think? I actually think it looks pretty decent compared to some of the other station groups that have recently redesigned their websites.

Awfully BIG if you ask me. But I do suppose it's an improvement over what they have now. Frankly, it looks like a refresh of their current site, not a complete overhaul. One of the first things I thought about was out it takes up nearly the entire, as if they made the website letterbox to match their graphics.

I'm also assuming there's a big ad at the top of the homepage? Since I have adblock enabled, all I see is this vast, empty void of white. That's something I still hate about the Scripps site, all of the white. Some color would be nice. Their navigation bar or whatever it's called is also incredibly bare.

Awfully BIG if you ask me. But I do suppose it's an improvement over what they have now. Frankly, it looks like a refresh of their current site, not a complete overhaul. One of the first things I thought about was out it takes up nearly the entire, as if they made the website letterbox to match their graphics.

I'm also assuming there's a big ad at the top of the homepage? Since I have adblock enabled, all I see is this vast, empty void of white. That's something I still hate about the Scripps site, all of the white. Some color would be nice. Their navigation bar or whatever it's called is also incredibly bare.

The reason it looks big is because it's formatted for widescreen displays. Sites like The Next Web (which is gorgeous, by the way) are similar.

It's a huge step up from the current Scripps design.

Bleh. The current design is miles better. The one thing it has going for it is that it is on responsive design. They should just make the current design responsive.

Here's the article on their new site if you care to read it: http://www.wcpo.com/about-us/welcome-to-the-new-wcpo-com

At least the WCPO prototype looks better than the Fisher sites...

My problem with the Scripps sites is still that they have too much whitespace.

They need like, a giant background behind everything like the LIN sites. Something from the Scripps graphics or something.

Good. Nice and plain, just the way it needs to be.

Archived