KSWB new set

A3N

You would think now that they moved the newsroom away from the studio, it'll give them more room to play around but nope, lame weather desk, 2 anchor desks and a couch set. They could've added a multi purpose area for other segments but I guess they prefer the cramped small backlot. Here's another view of the set.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXCPUFUCUAAL1e2.jpg#twimg

You would think now that they moved the newsroom away from the studio, it'll give them more room to play around but nope, lame weather desk, 2 anchor desks and a couch set. They could've added a multi purpose area for other segments but I guess they prefer the cramped small backlot. Here's another view of the set.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXCPUFUCUAAL1e2.jpg#twimg

They really could've done so much more with the added space. Just look at all that wasted space in that pic!

I'm not complaining. Sure they could have done better, but given what they had, this new set is 10x better. You guys have to realize that KSWB is housed in a really small building, not really meant for a tv station. Hell, I would say that KSWB's building is probably half the size than KFMB's building down the street. So it's understandable that space is at a premium, and keep in mind that they have not needed as much space in the past, as they do now.

• 3 months later...

I knew those were screens behind the anchor desk. For this morning's special edition of the morning news, the monitors displayed some super bowl graphics instead of the normal blue. It didn't look that great, but why don't they ever put shots from the various skycams they use of they have the capability?

Edit-I saw picture on the FOX 5 Facebook page and apparently they used green screen panels behind the anchor desk.

Archived