The Peacock Falls Back to the Right

24994J

I was gonna put this in the 'Today' thread, but I don't want to.

After 6 years, the NBC peacock bug has moved back to the right side of the screen. For 'Nightly News', the bird is full-color, though it seems to be slightly transparent. The L3's are now right-alligned so the names practically touch the edge of the logo. The rainbow coloring clashes horribly with the muted nature of the graphics. The show's hashtag has moved to the left.

I wouldn't be surprised if the main net's programming sees the shift as well, and as mentioned earlier, the bug will likely be sporting the Olympic rings (but not on 'NN').

Apparently, Nightly's L3 text is back to left-justified, though the Twitter hashtag is on top of any other text. In my opinion, the peacock should be transparent or just not as bright. Also, the hashtag should be attached to the bug on the right and alternate with the nbcnews.com text, like it does on WNBC and now WCBS for example.

Archived