Bill Weir leaves Nightline.

CircleSeven

What's with this movement of ABC News personalities to CNN? Could the move of Nightline be a possibility of why Weir left?

Even though it seems likely that George might be the one up next after Diane on World News, I think David Muir should be the one to succeed her. GMA is doing great with the gang they have right now. I feel that having George will definitely be an improvement and it might be like when Charlie was on World News against Brian Williams on Nightly. However, I think David has the chance to go head to head and even surpass World News against Nightly (as much as I highly think of Brian). I definitely don't think David is the 'Lester Holt' of ABC... he is the rising star within the ranks of ABC News and I would think they have big plans for him. Having him on GMA would be awesome too (if George does end up in World News)... I just think somewhere down the line, he's World News material.

Earlier posts suggeted a Josh-Lara pairing. Josh, maybe. Lara, I don't think so. I remember a few years ago watching her on "The Insider"; her role in GMA now is perfect for her. Having her become this double threat of news and entertainment/fluff will change her image and I'd hate for that to happen to her. As for Josh, with the right co-anchor, GMA can have a dynamic team. But like I pointed out earlier, GMA would be crazy to mess with their lineup, even if Diane's tenure at World News ends, especially with their success right now.

Archived