New NBC O&O Alarm Clock App

BehindNYNews

For now its only Miami, Chicago, and San Diego. I see WTVJ has the theme that is unknown, still, in bad quality though as one of the options to wake up to, and all, like BehindNYNews said, had anchors recorded with good morning messages. The ones not of WTVJ's have good quality recordings, maybe WTVJ doesn't want to reveal their theme? What a rip-off of ABC O&O Alarm Clock Apps.

I think it's pretty neat. Who cares if it's a rip off of the ABC O&O's alarm clock apps, not every market has an ABC O&O, so this is a nice alternative. Also, KNSD is using L.A. Groove for the wakeup music.

If I were ABC, I would be a little angry they copied me but flattered because clearly they thought it was a great idea.

Also, I don't think this got mentioned but NBC updated the O&O news apps. Its a big improvement and surpasses the CBS Your Day app but I still think the ABC O&O News apps are nicer and more organized.

Once again NBC Local O&Os are copying ABC O&Os, now introducing its own alarm clock app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nbc-5-news-today/id706086242?mt=8

I think it is just sad how obviously it is a copy of ABC's. Wow, you can wake up to the NBC personalities, way to be original NBC...

Hearst does something similar to that now too.

Although to be fair, each Hearst station handles the app differently (different music, waking up to the news and weather headlines for that day, etc.).

What is annoying is that you have to leave these apps running (at least you do for the Hearst one) when you go to sleep. Not that it's a big deal... but if you navigate to a late night sext message and forget to reopen the app you won't get the alarm.

What is annoying is that you have to leave these apps running (at least you do for the Hearst one) when you go to sleep. Not that it's a big deal... but if you navigate to a late night sext message and forget to reopen the app you won't get the alarm.

Sext message, eh? Is that something you really want to admit on a open forum?

I agree with SamUnreel. You don't sound "cool" or anything by saying this.

Sext message, eh? Is that something you really want to admit on a open forum?

;)

I agree with SamUnreel. You don't sound "cool" or anything by saying this.

:chill:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived