Steve Chenevey re-joinging WTTG as morning anchor; Tony Perkins moves to evening

jtgh922

So Steve Chenevey will anchor Fox 5 Morning News from 7-10am. Tony Perkins will anchor the 5 and 10pm newscats. Hope this means Will Thomas will get the 6 & 11pm newscasts. He's been passed over too many times.

So Steve Chenevey will anchor Fox 5 Morning News from 7-10am. Tony Perkins will anchor the 5 and 10pm newscats. Hope this means Will Thomas will get the 6 & 11pm newscasts. He's been passed over too many times.

is this the Tony Perkins from Good Morning America?

Ok - I am from DC -

Tony was great at weather, despite not being a meteorologist. As an anchor, I was never really gung ho about him, despite the GREAT chemistry he has with the Morning Crew. He has a few too many stumbles, and he is a bit more laid back - almost too laid back for my taste. In Steve's first stint at FOX 5, he subbed occasionally for Brian, for the 5 and the 10, and did a pretty good job. I am really... perturbed by this decision. I really think Steve is a much better choice, IMO.

As for Will Thomas - It looks like he will return to weekends. About a year or so ago, He replaced Laura Evans on the 5. They switched Laura and Will's roles last year, and with this announcement, Shawn Yancy will take Brian Bolter's Position, and Tony Perkins will take Shawn Yancy's Position. Laura and Tony at 5, Shawn at 6 [news edge], Tony and Shawn at 10, and Shawn at 11 [news edge].

IMO - I see Tony and Steve being switched within a year.

Yeah Steve makes more sense to me. I can understand a weatherman moving into an anchoring position for a morning program but Fox 5 at and 10 are more newsy than the morning news. Let me make sure I'm following correctly Laura has moved back to weekdays at 5 now? So many changes!

Archived