Loren Nancarrow (1953-2013)

SFTV

Loren Nancarrow, a respected news man in San Diego for 30+ years loses his battle with brain cancer.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/dec/28/loren-nancarrow-dies/

I'm at a loss for words. Loren was widely respected in the business. Whether you agreed with his environmentalist views or not, Loren had a passion for nature that was simply amazing. He did weather at KGTV for over a decade before jumping over to KSWB where he ultimately landed a spot at the anchor desk. It was at KSWB where Loren really got to expand his Going Green franchise and the passion/effort that he put into that really made me appreciate just how important it was to take care of our environment. At the desk, he was a consummate professional, witty and with a very dry sense of humor. Loren was always one of my favorite journalists, the kind of person/journalist one aspires to be like. Rest in Peace Loren, San Diego loves you.

Archived