What would YOU change in 2014?

nynewslover

A few days into the new year I thought I would create this for fun.. What changes would YOU like to see happen to NY news stations in 2014? This is only for fun..lets see if any of them happen. lol.

I'll start.

AT WCBS:

- Personally I do like Mary Calvi but I would like to see Andrea Grymes get paired with Chris Wragee.

-Dick Brennan and Alice Gainer make a great team I would love to see them get at least one of the evening newscasts on Ch2.

AT WNBC:

They seem to finally be stabilizing their anchor line up.. Could this be the year Chuck leaves? Who knows?

I don't watch it enough to want any changes.

AT WNYW:

Good Day NY is perfect with Rosanna and Greg

I would like to see them up their evening teams. Dari go back to FOX News

At5: Ernie and Kerry Drew

At 6 and 10 Steve with Christina Park

Weekend Evenings: Antwan Lewis and Sharon Crowley.

Maybe a weekend edition of Good Day?

AT WABC:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! NO CHANGES!

AT WPIX

New set..New Graphics..Improved Content..

Get rid of Mr.G maybe move Linda or Lisa to nights.. Either way Chris Knowles should be brought back for some time slot.

In the mornings.. I honestly think Dan and Marysol should get the 6-9 cause they are excellent.

At WABC,

New website (which they will be getting this year), change website to abc7ny.com, iPad weather app, new flags (same kind with new logo), bet the set updated with the new logos, new skyline shots behind anchor desk and keep doing what they are doing.

At WCBS,

New website, a weather app, new news app, add 7pm newscast (anchored by Alice and Dick) and find another time for OMGInsider or get rid of it, get rid of Lonnie and John and have Elise and Vanessa replace them respectively and Cindy moves to weekend evenings only, get new coanchors for Andrea and Cindy.

At WNBC,

New weather app, move 7pm news back to channel 4 for only half hour, move Extra to 4pm, add 4:30 newscast, Chuck retires, Noon, 4:30 and 6 anchored by Sibila and Rob, 5, 7 and 11 by Tom and Shiba, replace Janice with Steve, get rid of Rafael and get replacement.

At WNYW,

New News and weather apps, new website, new set, new graphics, get rid of Dari, Ernie and Sharon Crowley at 5, Steve and Christina at 6 and 10pm and add weekend morning news.

At WPIX,

New set, graphics, news and weather apps, website, add 6pm newscast with Kaity, new weekend morning newscast, add sports anchor for weekday evenings, replace Mr. G with Linda Church and have Lisa Mateo do whole morning.

A few days into the new year I thought I would create this for fun.. What changes would YOU like to see happen to NY news stations in 2014? This is only for fun..lets see if any of them happen. lol.

I'll start.

AT WCBS:

- Personally I do like Mary Calvi but I would like to see Andrea Grymes get paired with Chris Wragee.

-Dick Brennan and Alice Gainer make a great team I would love to see them get at least one of the evening newscasts on Ch2.

AT WNBC:

They seem to finally be stabilizing their anchor line up.. Could this be the year Chuck leaves? Who knows?

I don't watch it enough to want any changes.

AT WNYW:

Good Day NY is perfect with Rosanna and Greg

I would like to see them up their evening teams. Dari go back to FOX News

At5: Ernie and Kerry Drew

At 6 and 10 Steve with Christina Park

Weekend Evenings: Antwan Lewis and Sharon Crowley.

Maybe a weekend edition of Good Day?

AT WABC:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! NO CHANGES!

AT WPIX

New set..New Graphics..Improved Content..

Get rid of Mr.G maybe move Linda or Lisa to nights.. Either way Chris Knowles should be brought back for some time slot.

In the mornings.. I honestly think Dan and Marysol should get the 6-9 cause they are excellent.

I mostly agree with you, except for some specific changes:

WCBS

This Morning and Noon- Andrea Grymes and Chris Wragge

5PM- Maurice DuBois and Alice Gainer or Mary Calvi

6PM- Dana tyler either solo or with Dick Brennan

9PM (WLNY) Keep Dick and Alice

11PM- Kristine and Maurice

Weekend This Morning- Kristine Johnson and Cindy Hsu

Weekends 6 and 11pm-Mary Calvi, Kristine Johnson and Cindy Hsu?

Live From The couch (WLNY)

Carolina Bermudez, Chris Wragge, Jill Nicolini with Traffic and have John marshall do weather

Weather Team-

Lonnie Quinn-keep at same time

John Marshall-weekday mornings and at noon

Vanessa Murdock-keep at same time

Elise Finch- keep at same time

Have John Elliott Freelance (He's too goofy sometimes)

WABC

Keep everything the same

WNBC

Keep everything the same

WNYW

Keep mornings

5PM-Ernie and Sharon

6PM- Christina Solo

10PM- Steve and Sharon

Weekends at 6 and 10PM-keep Christina and Antwan

Keep Weather Team the same

*Like you said, maybe add a weekend morning newscast.

WPIX

Mornings 4-6: Dan and Marysol

Mornings 6-9: Kirstin and Kori

Weekdays 5 and 10PM- Tamsen Fadal, Scott Stanford

Weekends at 6 and 10PM- Kaity Tong either solo or with Marvin Scott, or Craig Treadway and Have Dyrol Joyner do sports.

*Maybe add a weekday 6PM Newscast* with Kirstin Cole or Kaity Tong solo

Weather:

Get rid of Mr. G

Someone as Chief- I can't think of anyone. I mean Chris and Joe are good, but not good enough in my opinion to be chief meteorologist. Maybe bring in new, degreed meteorologist who has been chief in the past from another station.

Lisa- All Morning

Craig Allen-weekends

Not a big fan of Linda Church (sorry, that's just my opinion)

New Graphics, Music and Set.

Have Everyone Sit more as a team. For example, on weekends, they have Craig Allen and Mr. G stand at the studio desk, maybe have them stand in the weather center (of their new set), or have them get chairs at the studio desk. Maybe be more like WABC's set and have a special weather section at the anchor desk. Also, on weekends they currently have Dyrol Joyner do sports standing up at a separate location in the studio. That's good for teases, but when doing the actual sports report, I'd like him to sit next to Kaity and act more as a team. And when they close, show the entire team (Either Kaity by herself or Marvin or Craig T, Craig A, and Dyrol) at the desk. It's just more professional. Also, just a suggestion- show the time and temperature graphic either on top of or beneath the logo- like every other station does during ALL of their newscasts.

I do see changes needed across the board, but I only really care about WNYW.

Good Day First Edition & Wake Up:

Add Teresa Priolo (for Juliet Huddy)

Keep Ines, Mike, Ben

Good Day New York:

PERFECT with Greg, Rosanna, Mike and Ines

Fox 5 News at 5, 6 & 10:

Ernie has to be nearing retirement, I'll paint my "ideal" lineup for post-Ernie retirement

5: Lidia Curajaj & Steve Lacy

6: Christina Park

10: Christina Park & Steve Lacy

Axe Nick, Replace with Audrey

Weekend Nights:

Antwan (solo)

Good Day New York Weekend (if it were to happen)

Kerry Drew & New Male

speaking of possibly spinning 9am show, is there a way 20th television (syndie division) could spin off and create a sort of "Good Day USA" like "Good Day NOW with greg and rosanna" and syndicate by selling it to fox stations and beyond like they did with "Good Day Live" from "Good Day LA" in the 2000s? Since their popularity has already been exposed via The Soup (like GDLA), what better way to strike it deeper while it's hot? It would be a riot as well as a success! The Soup would have-and still does but more-A1 material to deal with akin to roundabout weekly snark on celebutards.

I only ever watch WABC and WNBC occasionally I'll glance at WNYW, WCBS & WPIX but that's rare.

WABC - Keep everything the same

WNBC - Change some stuff around

Weekdays

Today in NY - everything stays the same

Noon - extend to 1 same anchors Sibila & Rob, move New York Live to Cozi-TV

4 PM - new newscast to lead into the 5 anchored by Erika & David

5 PM - same as now

6 PM - anchored by Sibila & Rob

7 PM - find a permanent anchor for this show Brynn, Andrew, Pei-Sze whatever who cares this seems to be the trial slot.

10 PM - new newscast to lead into the 11 anchored by Erika & David

11 PM - anchored by Shiba & Tom

Have Chris add noon weather duties to his schedule, have Raphael do 4, 7 & 10 shows, Janice do 5, 6 & 11 shows.

Weekends

Today in NY Contessa & Gus

6 & 11 Pat with maybe Andrew? Or perhaps solo anchor

At WNBC,

New weather app, move 7pm news back to channel 4 for only half hour, move Extra to 4pm, add 4:30 newscast, Chuck retires, Noon, 4:30 and 6 anchored by Sibila and Rob, 5, 7 and 11 by Tom and Shiba, replace Janice with Steve, get rid of Rafael and get replacement.

Just curious why you feel Raphael should be replaced. IMO I think he's great!

At WABC,

New website (which they will be getting this year), change website to abc7ny.com, iPad weather app, new flags (same kind with new logo), bet the set updated with the new logos, new skyline shots behind anchor desk and keep doing what they are doing.

Agree, the website is too confusing

At WABC,

At WCBS,

New website, a weather app, new news app, add 7pm newscast (anchored by Alice and Dick) and find another time for OMGInsider or get rid of it, get rid of Lonnie and John and have Elise and Vanessa replace them respectively and Cindy moves to weekend evenings only, get new coanchors for Andrea and Cindy.

At WNBC,

At WNYW,

New News and weather apps, new website, new set, new graphics, get rid of Dari, Ernie and Sharon Crowley at 5, Steve and Christina at 6 and 10pm and add weekend morning news.

At WPIX,

New set, graphics, news and weather apps, website, add 6pm newscast with Kaity, new weekend morning newscast, add sports anchor for weekday evenings, replace Mr. G with Linda Church and have Lisa Mateo do whole morning.

Then I would assume all ABC O&Os would be getting new websites not just WABC.

I'm not questioning you're results.. But what place kind of results did the Good Day NY team get? (Greg,Rosanna,Mike and Ines)

GDNY had a little under 3/4 of the category versus WPIX and WLNY. WPIX did a lot better at 10pm at about 40/60 with WNYW at 60.

Then I would assume all ABC O&Os would be getting new websites not just WABC.

Yes, all ABC O&Os will be getting a new website design this year.

Archived